EMLUZ 1% 20GM CREAM
LULICONAZOLEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Emluz 1% 20gm Cream is composed of Luliconazole. It is an antifungal agent indicated for the topical treatment of fungal infections caused by the dermatophytes, particularly the Trichophyton and Epidermophyton species. Dermatophytes are more common in superficial skin infections and they can replicate in the skin.
Tinea pedis or athlete’s foot refers to an itchy rash between the toes with softening, cracking and peeling. Tinea cruris present as itchy plaques that develop in the groins and spread to thighs. Tinea corporis presents as a red, scaly rash with lesions that may be single or multiple. The severity of inflammation depends on the type of organism and immune health.
Uses of Emluz 1% 20gm Cream:
- Treatment of tinea pedis, tinea cruris and tinea corporis.
How Emluz 1% 20gm Cream works:
Emluz 1% 20gm Cream works by inhibiting the enzyme lanosterol demethylase. This results in low amounts of ergosterol in the fungal cell wall. This eventually generates a strong antifungal activity and result in fungal cell death.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store at a temperature below 25˚C. Do not freeze.
- Protect from light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Replace cap tightly after use.
- DPT Laboratories, Ltd., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2013] [Accessed on 17th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/204153s000lbl.pdf
- Ciplamed, [Revised on May 2017] [Accessed on 17th Jul 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/print-product-pdf/36804
- S.H. Ibbotson, R.S. Dawe, Skin Disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 1249-1305.
- Khanna and Bharti, Luliconazole for the treatment of fungal infections: an evidence-based review, Core Evidence, 2014, 9, 113–124, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4181444/pdf/ce-9-113.pdf
How to use Emluz 1% 20gm Cream:
Apply on the affected area as suggested by your physician.
Emluz 1% 20gm Cream is intended for external application only. Avoid contact with eyes and broken skin.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will prescribe this medicine only if the benefits are more than the risks.
Talk to your physician before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your child.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Luliconazole or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Increased liver function and urine protein values
- Application site reactions
- Skin irritation
- Itching, redness
- Heat sensation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.