EMOCLOT 500IU INJECTION
FACTOR VIIIManufacturer : KEDRION BIOPHARMAOrigin of Medicine : India
Emoclot 500IU Injection contains human coagulation factor VIII. It is used to treat classical hemophilia (hemophilia A). Hemophilia A is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents blood from clotting normally due to lack of clotting factor, Factor VIII. This Injection is used to control or prevent bleeding episodes in individuals with hemophilia. It also helps to perform surgery on hemophilic individuals. You need to inform your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before treatment.
Talk to your physician if you have weakened immune function, allergic conditions or other diseases before taking Emoclot 500IU Injection. Redness and itching at the injection site, cough, vomiting, and blushing of the skin are common side effects of this medication.
Uses of Emoclot 500IU Injection:
- Prevents or controls bleeding in patients with Hemophilia A
How Emoclot 500IU Injection works:
Emoclot 500IU Injection temporarily replaces the missing clotting factor and prevents bleeding.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Emoclot 500IU Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store refrigerated at 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting coagulation, bleeding, and thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 217.
- Grifols Therapeutics Inc, [Revised on August 2012] [ Accessed on 19th August 2021], https://www.koate-dvi.com/documents/385822/0/Koate_DVI.pdf/fb455459-5ac0-43d3-bb48-363389a7c5c3?t=1414164745000
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on March 2010] [ Accessed on 19th August 2021], https://www.fda.gov/media/78280/download
- Novo Nordisk A/S, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), Revised on Oct 2019] [ Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7902.pdf
How to use Emoclot 500IU Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
You need to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Emoclot 500IU Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Emoclot 500IU Injection.
- Consult your doctor if you have weakened immune function, allergic conditions, or other diseases before taking Emoclot 500IU Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Redness and itching at the injection site
- Blushing of the skin
- Inflammation of the vein
- Bleeding into the joint spaces or in the muscle tissue
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.