ENBREL 25MG INJECTION
ETANERCEPTManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Enbrel 25mg Injection contains the active constituent etanercept. It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (inflammatory diseases of the joints). It is used to treat psoriatic arthritis (inflammatory disease of the joints usually associated with psoriasis), plaque psoriasis (a skin condition that causes flaky, red, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales), and ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory disease of the spine). It is not recommended to take this medicine during the active infection.
Administration of this medicine is associated with the risk of infections. Inform your physician if you ever had tuberculosis, heart failure, blood disorders, Hepatitis B infection, Wegener’s granulomatosis, cancer, nerve and eye disorders. The risk of developing cancer is associated with the administration of Enbrel 25mg Injection. Administration of the live vaccines is not recommended during the treatment with this medicine.
Uses of Enbrel 25mg Injection:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Plaque Psoriasis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
How Enbrel 25mg Injection works:
Enbrel 25mg Injection blocks the protein activity that causes inflammation in the body and reduces the inflammation associated with the diseases.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C protected from light. Do not shake.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anti rheumatoid and Antigout Drugs, 7th edition, 2013,212.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Dermatological Pharmacology, 12th edition, 2011, 1826.
- Pfizer, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Feb 2021] [ Accessed on 14th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11739.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Dec 2012] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/103795s5503lbl.pdf
How to use Enbrel 25mg Injection:
The Enbrel 25mg Injection will be given to you by a health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
There are no established adverse effects of Enbrel 25mg Injection in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Women using this medicine should not breastfeed, since it passes into human breast milk.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergic conditions and diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Serious infections (high fever accompanied by cough, shortness of breath, weakness and chills)
- Blood disorders (bleeding, bruising)
- Nerve disorders (numbness, vision problem, eye pain, weakness in arm or leg)
- Heart failure (swelling of ankles, feeling of fullness in neck or abdomen, bluish color of nails or lips)
- Autoimmune reactions (abnormal breathing, thinking or vision, pain, itching)
- Lupus-like syndrome (weight changes, persistent rash, muscle or joint pain, weakness)
- Cancer (weight loss, fever, swelling, persistent cough, presence of lumps on skin)
- Skin infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Injection site reactions
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.