ENCICARB 1K INJECTION
FERRIC CARBOXYMALTOSEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Encicarb 1K Injection contains the active constituent Ferric Carboxymaltose where iron is the primary component. Medicines that contain iron are used in a condition called iron deficiency anemia, when you do not have enough iron in your body. This injection is used to treat iron deficiency when oral iron is not effective or tolerated; or when your doctor decides you need iron very quickly to build up your iron stores.
Do not use Encicarb Injection if you are allergic to ferric carboxymaltose or other injectable iron preparations or if you have anemia not caused by iron deficiency or you have an iron overload (too much iron) in your body.
Uses of Encicarb 1K Injection:
Encicarb Injection is indicated to treat iron deficiency when:
- Oral iron is not adequate
- You are intolerant to oral iron
- Your body is in immediate need of intravenous iron to restore the iron levels.
How Encicarb injection works:
Encicarb 1K work by replenishing iron stores to help the body produce more red blood cells.
Interactions with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Encicarb 1K injection.
Store in a cool & dark place (8˚C to 25˚C).
- Vifor France, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jun 2021] [Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5910.pdf
- American Regent Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on 2018] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/203565s005lbl.pdf
- LJ Scott; Ferric Carboxymaltose: A review in iron deficiency, [Revised on 2018] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29532438/
- Amreen Naqash, Effectiveness and Safety of Ferric Carboxymaltose compared to iron sucrose in women with iron deficiency anemia, [Revised on 2018] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29304848/
How to use Encicarb 1K injection 20 ml:
A doctor or nurse will administer the medication intravenously to you. Your physician will decide the dosage and duration of this treatment.
Encicarb 1k Inj 20ml is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
Encicarb 1k Inj is not recommended to breastfeed while taking ferric carboxymaltose. Consult your doctor for advice.
Ferric carboxymaltose should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus, severe asthma or eczema, rheumatoid arthritis or those who have low levels of phosphate in the blood. Consult your doctor for advice.
- This medicine is not intended for anaemia that is not caused by iron deficiency.
- Tell your physician before you receive this injection if you are allergic to injectable iron preparations, ferric carboxymaltose or other ingredients.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Inflammation of a vein
- Muscle spasms
- Low blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, constipation or diarrhea, nausea
- High blood pressure
- Back pain
- High heart rate
- Excessive wind (flatulence)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.