ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET
ENTECAVIRManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Entehep 0.5 mg Tab 30's is an antiviral medicine containing the active constituent entecavir. It is used to treat long-term hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in adults and is not recommended for children below two years of age or less than 10 kg. This antiviral medicine can be used in patients with liver-damaged conditions.
Before taking Entehep 0.5 mg Tablet, it is important to inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders. The dose and dosing schedule will be adjusted according to your kidney disease. Be sure to tell your physician if you are infected with HIV and whether you are taking any medicines to control the disease.
Administration of this medicine may lead to lactic acidosis (excess of lactic acid in the blood) and enlargement of the liver. Do not stop taking Entehep 0.5 without a doctor’s advice, as it may worsen hepatitis. Your doctor will frequently monitor the liver function for several months after you discontinue this therapy.
Uses of Entehep 0.5mg Tablet:
- Treatment of chronic Hepatitis B virus infection
How Entehep 0.5mg Tablet works:
Entehep 0.5 mg works by inhibiting the DNA synthesis in the Hepatitis B virus, reducing the viral count, and improving the liver conditions.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C. Do not freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Antiviral agents (nonretroviral), 12th edition, 2011, 1616-1617.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/...
- Accord, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Feb 2019] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8939.pdf
How to use Entehep 0.5mg Tablet:
Always take this medicine as exactly your doctor has told you. The dose and duration depend on your liver and kidney conditions. Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s knowledge.
The administration of Entehep 0.5mg Tablet during the pregnancy may be harmful to the unborn baby. It will be given to you by your physician if it’s clearly needed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
You should not breastfeed during the treatment with Entehep 0.5mg Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Inform your doctor if you have any other liver diseases.
Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders.
The medicine may make you feel tired and sleepy. Avoid driving if you feel unwell during the treatment
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Lactic acidosis (muscle pain, troubled breathing, stomach pain, irregular heartbeat, cold especially in arms and legs, dizziness)
- Liver problems (yellow skin and whites of the eyes, dark urine, light-colored stools, lower stomach pain)
- Inability to sleep
- Extreme tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.