EPICHLOR 50MG INJECTION
EPIRUBICINManufacturer : KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Epichlor 50mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication containing the active constituent epirubicin. It is used to treat a wide range of cancers such as breast cancer, stomach cancer, bladder cancer, etc. It is used either alone or in combination with other medications. Cancer is a disorder in which cells grow in an abnormal and uncontrolled manner.
You need to inform your physician if you have liver disorders, infection, severe inflammation in the digestive tract, kidney disorders, heart problems, have had or are due to have the vaccination before taking Epichlor 50mg Injection. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least six months after the last dose.
Low blood cell count, hair loss, and reddish discoloration of urine are the most common side effects of Epichlor 50mg Injection.
Uses of Epichlor 50mg Injection:
- Breast cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Advanced ovarian cancer
- Lung cancer
How Epichlor 50mg Injection works:
It binds to DNA, inhibits protein synthesis, and reduces the number of abnormal cells produced in the body.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store between 15°C and 30°C. Do not freeze. Keep in a closed container protected from light.
- Keep out of sight and reach from children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 867.
- Medac, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on April 2020] [ Accessed on 1st April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6361/smpc
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2020] [ Accessed on 1st April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/050778s021lbl.pdf
How to use Epichlor 50mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
It is important to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Epichlor 50mg Injection as taking this medication during pregnancy may cause birth defects.
Avoid breastfeeding during treatment with Epichlor 50mg Injection. Consult your doctor for potential risks.
You need to inform your physician if you have any liver disorders as this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe liver problems.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney diseases before taking Epichlor 50mg Injection.
It may cause episodes of nausea and vomiting and could impair your driving ability temporarily. Avoid driving if you feel unwell.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe inflammation in the digestive tract, have heart problems, have had or are due to have the vaccination before taking Epichlor 50mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, or redness)
- Severe allergic reactions (skin rash, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing)
- Low blood cell count
- Hair loss
- Red discoloration of urine
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite, abdominal pain
- Swelling and pain in your mouth
- Feeling thirsty
- Ulcers in the lips or tongue
- Hot flushes
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.