EPOFIT 10000 IU INJECTION
RECOMBINANT HUMAN ERYTHROPOIETIN ALFA/EPOETIN ALFAManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Epofit 10000IU Injection contains the active constituent Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa. It stimulates the production of red blood cells (red blood cells carry the hemoglobin, a substance which transports oxygen) in the bone marrow. It is used to treat anemia in kidney disease patients, moderately anemic adults about to have surgery, adults with bone marrow disorder, and patients receiving chemotherapy for solid tumors.
It must not be given to patients with uncontrolled blood pressure and premature infants. There is a chance of increasing the risk of blood clots on the administration of Epofit 10000IU Injection. Inform your doctor if you know you suffer from or suffered from seizures, liver disease, high blood pressure, anemia, porphyria (a rare blood disorder), and cancer. Inform your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant.
Uses of Epofit 10000IU Injection:
It is used to treat anemia in patients:
- With kidney disease
- Receiving chemotherapy for solid tumors
- With bone marrow disorder
- Who are moderately anemic and about to have surgery
How Epofit 10000IU Injection works:
It works by stimulating the bone marrow to produce more number of blood cells to treat anemia.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in refrigerator at 2° C - 8° C. Do not freeze or shake.
- Janssen-Cilag Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised date March 2019], [Accessed date 2nd April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3442/pil
- Ortho Biotech Products, L.P, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised date Aug 2008], [Accessed date 2nd April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/103234s5163lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Haematinics and erythropoietin, 7th edition, 2013, 611.
How to use Epofit 10000IU Injection:
The Injection will be given to you by health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
There are no established adverse effects of the medication during the administration of pregnancy. It is advisable to take only under the specialist advice on necessary requirements. Consult your doctor for potential risks of this medication
It is advisable to take only if it is completely necessary, consult your doctor for potential risks.
It is important to Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases prior taking the injection
In patients with chronic renal failure, the doctor will frequently monitor blood pressure and hemoglobin.
The medication may cause dizziness, so consult your doctor before driving while taking the medication.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Serious skin rashes (circular patches often with central blisters in the body, skin peeling, ulcers of mouth, nose, eye, genitals, throat followed by fever)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stuffy nose, sore throat, cough
- Redness, pain and burning at the injection site
- Arm or leg pain, bone or muscle pain
- Head ache, dizziness
- Blood clots
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling confused, seizures
- Chest pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.