FERTIGYN HP 5000IU INJECTION
GONADOTROPINManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Fertigyn HP 5000IU Injection is indicated for the treatment of anovulatory infertility (absence of ovulation) and hypergonadotrophic hypogonadism. Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism is caused due to defects in pituitary/ hypothalamus or the gonads. This occurs either as a result of chemotherapy, trauma, surgery, tuberculosis or due to genetic factors. Gonadotropin is a glycoprotein occurring in placenta that is identical to leutinizing hormone. It is produced by the human placenta and excreted in the urine, where it is extracted and purified.
Uses of Fertigyn HP 5000IU Injection:
- Treatment of anovulatory infertility in females
- Induction of ovulation
- Treatment of oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea
- Treatment of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Cryptorchidism in males
- Treatment of dwarfism
- Treatment of delayed adolescence
How Fertigyn HP 5000IU Injection works:
Fertigyn HP 5000IU Injection is given in males to stimulate the interstitial cells of the testes to produce androgen. This develops secondary sex characteristics.
In females, this injection works by developing follicles and ovulation. It is administered during the second part of the cycle to maintain the functional integrity of the corpus luteum and enhance the secretion of progesterone.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store at a temperature of 2-8˚C. Do not freeze.
- Protect it from light. Discard unused portion of the injection.
- Bharat Serums and Vaccines Limited, [Accessed on 21st Jun 2021], https://www.bharatserums.com/assets/pdf/products/Hucog-HP.pdf
- Fresenius Kabi Canada Ltd., [Revised on Sep 2016] [Accessed on 21st Jun 2021], https://www.ferring.ca/media/1020/hcg-pi-eng-v21c.pdf
- Roger K. Long, Hakan Cakmak, Hypothalamic & Pituitary Hormones, Lange's Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 667-686.
- M.W.J. Strachan, J. Newell-Price, Endocrine disease, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 733-796.
How to use Fertigyn HP 5000IU Injection:
This injection is intended for administration via intramuscular or subcutaneous route only.
This injection is unsafe for pregnant women. Your physician will perform a pregnancy test before initiating this treatment.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may not be safe. Your physician might suggest you to stop breastfeeding for some time depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to this medicine or its ingredients.
- This injection might cause hyperovulation and hyperstimulation syndrome. Your physician will assess and modify the dose accordingly.
- Inform your physician if you are diagnosed with endocrine disorders, tumor, androgen-dependent neoplasm, ovarian failure or thrombophlebitis.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Sexual precocity
- Fluid retention
- Ovarian hyperstimulation
- Rupture of ovarian cysts
- Formation of blood clots
- Pain at the site of injection
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.