FOLISURGE 75IU INJECTION
FOLLITROPIN ALFAManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Folisurge 75IU Injection contains the active constituent follitropin alfa. It is used to treat the infertility in both women and men. In women it helps to release egg from ovary (ovulation), and develops several follicles (each containing egg) in patients undergoing procedures that may help them get pregnant such as in vitro fertilization and gamete intra-fallopian transfer. In men, it helps to produce sperm. It is not recommended in patients with cancer in brain, breast, womb or ovarian cancer, unexplained vaginal bleeding, early menopause and damaged testicles.
Inform your doctor if you or your family member have porphyria (liver disorder), and clotting disorders before taking Folisurge 75IU Injection. Administration of this medicine may lead to Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (severe lower abdominal pain, weight gain, vomiting, difficulty breathing), Multiple pregnancy (being pregnant with more than one child mostly twins), and abortion.
Uses of Folisurge 75IU Injection:
- Treatment of fertility problems in both women and men
How Folisurge 75IU Injection works:
Folisurge 75IU Injection helps release egg from the ovary and develop follicles in women and helps production of sperm in men.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store at 2°C to 8°C. Keep protected from light.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anterior pituitary hormones, 7th edition, 2013, 241.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Introduction to Endocrinology: The Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis, 12th edition, 2011, 1123.
- Merck Europe BV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2019] [ Accessed on 15th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2218.pdf
- Serono, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Dec 2006] [ Accessed on 15th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/021765s007lbl.pdf
How to use Folisurge 75IU Injection:
The Folisurge 75IU Injection will be given to you by health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
Inform your doctor if you have clotting disorders, cancer, or porphyria.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Ovarian Hyper-stimulation syndrome (decreased urine production, weight gain, difficulty in breathing, fluid accumulation in chest or stomach, clearly enlarged ovaries, nausea, vomiting, lower abdominal pain)
- Allergic reactions (rash, red skin, swelling of face)
- Blood clotting complications
- Ovarian cysts (sacs of fluid within ovaries)
- Breast development
- Swelling of veins above and below testicles
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.