HYALURONIC ACIDManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Hytasone 8mg Injection contains hyaluronic acid. It is used to relieve knee pain due to osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a joint disorder which involves wearing down of the protective layer (cartilage) covering the ends of the bones caused due to loss of quality of the cushioning (synovial) fluid in the joint. Hytasone 8mg Injection should not be used if you have infections or skin disorders around the knee.
Avoid activities such as jogging, heavy lifting, tennis, and standing for a long time immediately after you have the injection and for the next two days. Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to eggs, poultry, and feathers before taking Hytasone 8mg Injection.
Uses of Hytasone 8mg Injection:
How Hytasone 8mg Injection works:
Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent existing in high amounts in joint tissues and fluids which acts as lubricant and shock absorber in the joints. In osteoarthritis, there may not be enough hyaluronic acid. Hytasone 8mg Injection replenishes the body with hyaluronic acid, enhances the viscosity of the joint fluid, reduces friction, and thereby relieves the pain.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Hytasone 8mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Fidia Pharma USA, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on 2019] [ Accessed on 19th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf18/P180040D.pdf
- Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A, The Health Products Regulatory Authority (hpra), [Revised on Dec 2009] [ Accessed on 19th July 2021], https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/LicenseSPC_PA0814-001-001_05042016103037.pdf
- Roy Altman et al; Efficacy and safety of repeated courses of Hytasone 8mg Injections for knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review; Published on Oct 2018; Accessed on 19/07/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29496227/
How to use Hytasone 8mg Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Hytasone 8mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Hytasone 8mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
- Avoid activities such as jogging, tennis, heavy lifting, and standing for long time immediately after you have the injection and for next two days.
- Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to eggs, poultry and feathers.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Rash, itching
- Injection site pain, knee swelling
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.