IMIGEN 500MG INJECTION
CILASTATIN,IMIPENEMManufacturer : GALENGEN LIFESCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Imigen 500mg Injection is composed of Cilastatin and Imipenem. It is used to manage fever that is suspected to be caused by severe bacterial infections. This combination is effective in a wide range of serious hospital-acquired respiratory, urinary, abdominal, pelvic, skin and soft tissue infections, including those in neutropenic, cancer and AIDS patients. This regimen should be initiated only if the infection are strongly suspected or proven to be caused by bacteria.
Uses of Imigen 500mg Injection:
Imigen 500mg Injection is used for the treatment of:
- Complicated infections of the stomach
- Lung infection (pneumonia)
- Infection that is likely to occur after giving birth
- Complicated urinary tract infection
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Septicemia caused by bacteria
- Bone and joint infections
How Imigen 500mg Injection works:
This medicine works by binding to and inhibiting the enzyme cell wall transpeptidases, ultimately inhibiting the bacteria from synthesizing the cell wall. This process has a rapid killing effect on the infection-causing bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25˚C. Do not freeze.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Feb 2021] [Accessed on 29th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1515.pdf
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2016] [Accessed on 29th Jun 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/050587s074lbl.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
- KD Tripathi, Beta Lactam Antibiotics, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 766-783.
How to use Imigen 500mg Injection:
Your physician will administer the accurate dose based on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may affect the baby. Your physician should decide whether you should continue or stop breastfeeding for some time, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will prescribe accordingly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney or urinary problems.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience symptoms like tiredness or dizziness.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have colitis or other gastrointestinal diseases.
- Inform your physician if you have epilepsy or localized tremors.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Cilastatin, Imipenem or other ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Skin peeling
- Stevens Johnsons Syndrome
- Exfoliative dermatitis (severe skin rash with loss of skin and hair)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Swelling and redness
- Abnormal liver function
- Increased white blood cells count in blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.