ISOALFA 100MG INJECTION 5ML
IRON(III)ISOMALTOSIDEManufacturer : ALNICHE LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Isoalfa 100mg Injection contains the active constituent Iron(III) Isomaltoside. It is used to treat iron-deficiency anemia in adults who have an intolerance to oral iron or have not responded well to oral iron preparations. It is used for low iron levels in patients with chronic kidney disease and is on dialysis where oral iron cannot be used. Iron deficiency anemia is a condition in which blood lacks healthy red blood cells due to insufficient iron. It can cause extreme tiredness, shortness of breath, and headache.
This medication is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of 18. It is important to tell your health care professional if you have liver disorders, history of medicine allergy, arthritis, asthma, infections, autoimmune disorders, or if you are on a salt-controlled diet before taking Isoalfa 100mg Injection.
Uses of Isoalfa 100mg Injection:
- Iron deficiency anemia
How Isoalfa 100mg Injection works:
Isoalfa 100mg Injection works by restoring the iron levels in the body and helps relieve symptoms.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Isoalfa 100mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Pharmacosmos A/S, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on August 2020] [ Accessed on 3rd Jan 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5324.pdf
- Pharmacosmos A/S, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Jan 2020] [ Accessed on 3rd Jan 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/208171s000lbl.pdf
- Thomas AR Mace, Ahsan Syed, Sunil Bhandari; Iron (III) isomaltoside 1000; Expert Review of Hematology; Published on June 2013; Accessed on 03/01/2022; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23782077/
How to use Isoalfa 100mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional
It is essential to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Isoalfa 100mg Injection. Your physician will decide whether or not you should be given this injection
You need to inform your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking Isoalfa 100mg Injection.
You need to tell your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Isoalfa 100mg Injection as this medication is contraindicated in patients with active liver disorders.
- You should tell your health care professional if you have history of medicine allergy, arthritis, asthma, infections, autoimmune disorders, or if you are on a salt-controlled diet before taking Isoalfa 100mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, itching, dizziness, low blood pressure, breathing problems)
- Iron overload
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.