LAZON 2.5MG TABLET
METOLAZONEManufacturer : UNITED BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Lazon 2.5mg Tablet is a diuretic medication containing the active ingredient metolazone. It is used to treat edema (fluid retention) accompanying heart and kidney disorders. It is also used to treat mild to moderate primary hypertension (high blood pressure). This medicine is not recommended if you have anuria (kidneys stop producing urine), coma caused liver cirrhosis, or if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Talk to your physician if you have diabetes, kidney disorders, liver problems, intolerance to some sugars, alcohol addiction, or drug addiction or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet. Talk to your physician about all the medications you are taking recently, including herbal medications and supplements, before taking this medicine.
Uses of Lazon 2.5mg Tablet:
- Primary hypertension
How Lazon 2.5mg Tablet works:
Lazon 2.5mg Tablet facilitates water and salt excretion by inhibiting the reabsorption of sodium in the kidney.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Lazon 2.5mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at room temperature between 15°-30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Regulation of renal function and vascular volume, 12th edition, 2011, 688.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Diuretics, 7th edition, 2013, 583.
- Lannett Company, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on May 2019] [ Accessed on 28th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/017386s043lbl.pdf
- Renascience Pharma Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Feb 2021] [ Accessed on 25th April 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/13419/smpc#gref
How to use Lazon 2.5mg Tablet:
Take Lazon 2.5mg Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush or chew the tablets. Take the tablets same time each day.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
This medicine passes into breast milk. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet.
Lazon 2.5mg Tablet may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Talk to your physician if you have intolerance to some sugars, diabetes, alcohol addiction, or drug addiction before taking Lazon 2.5mg Tablet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Headache, dizziness
- Skin rashes
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle cramps
- Low levels of potassium, magnesium, calcium, or uric acid in the blood.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.