LEUCORIN 15MG TABLET
CALCIUM LEUCOVORIN/CALCIUM FOLINATEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Leucorin 15mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Calcium folinate. It is the active form of folinic acid, indicated to treat unwanted effects caused by administration of the group of medicines called folic acid antagonists. Some of the most commonly prescribed folic acid antagonists include the anti-cancer drug methotrexate, antibiotic trimethoprim, antibiotic and anti-cancer drug trimetrexate and antimalarial drug pyrimethamine.
Uses of Leucorin 15mg Tablet:
- Reduction of the toxic effect produced by Methotrexate
- Treatment of Anaemia due to folate deficiency
How Leucorin 15mg Tablet Works:
Leucorin 15mg Tablet is the reduced form of folic acid. It is not affected by folic acid antagonists. This enhances the synthesis of DNA, RNA, protein, purine and thymidine. Leucorin 15mg Tablet takes part in the same pathway as methotrexate and rescues bone marrow, stomach and intestinal cells from methotrexate. It also produces a toxic effect on cancer cells when used along with another anticancer medicine called fluorouracil and prevents the cancer cell multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature of 15-30˚C. Protect from light.
- Pfizer Canada, [Revised on 10th Oct 2018] [Accepted on 12th Apr 2021],
- Hospira UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Mar 2020] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021],
How to use Leucorin 15mg Tablet:
Use as directed by your physician. Swallow Leucorin 15mg Tablet whole with a glass of water.
Consult your physician for advice before starting treatment with Leucorin 15mg Tablet if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding while on treatment with Leucorin 15mg Tablet.
Inform your physician if you have shown signs of hypersensitivity to Leucorin 15mg Tablet in the past.
- Inform your physician if you experience symptoms of Stevens-Johnson syndrome or Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.
- Inform your physician if you have epilepsy, gastrointestinal disorders or in other anti-cancer medication.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Inflammation in the lining of mouth and intestine
- Severe allergic reactions
- Nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhea
- Mouth ulcers
- Swelling or ulcers of the lip, throat,upper gastrointestinal tract
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.