LYOPHILIZED (SNAKE VENOM ANTISERUM) INJECTION
SNAKE VENOM ANTISERUMManufacturer : BHARAT SERUMS & VACCINES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Lyophilized Snake Venom Antiserum Injection is composed of polyvalent, enzyme refined, equine antivenom immunoglobulin fragments. It consists of the refined and concentrated preparation of serum globulins obtained by separating the blood from healthy hyper immunised horses.
Snake bite leads to severe tissue damage that could be fatal. It is a common medical emergency in tropical regions. The symptoms of snakebite depend on the type of snake, location and number of bites, amount of venom penetrated into the body, and the age, size and general health of the victim. The grade of severity range from no symptoms to abnormal laboratory values. Your physician will inject this antiserum at timely intervals until the symptoms of poisoning disappear.
Uses of Lyophilized Snake Venom Antiserum Injection:
- Treatment of poisoning caused by snakebite
How Lyophilized Snake Venom Antiserum Injection works:
Lyophilized Snake Venom Antiserum Injection works by neutralizing the effect of poisoning caused by snake bite. It reduces the impact of snakes like cobra, common krait, Russel’s viper, Saw-scaled viper.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 2-8°C. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
- B. Kalyan Kumar et al., Antisnake Venom Serum (ASVS), International Journal on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research(IJPBR)Vol. 1(3), 2010, 76-89, https://www.academia.edu/19896565/ANTISNAKE_VENOM_SERUM_ASVS_
- Bharat Serums And Vaccines Limited, [Accessed on 12th Aug 2021], http://www.antivenoms.toxinfo.med.tum.de/resources/antivenom_india-bharat-snakevenomantiserum_2015-01-21.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Vaccines, Antisera and lmmuneglobulins, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 978-986.
How to use Lyophilized Snake Venom Antiserum Injection:
Your physician will calculate the accurate dose depending on the severity of poisoning and inject this medicine into your vein.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to horse serum or any other injection ingredients. Your physician will conduct a skin sensitivity test prior to injecting this antiserum.
- Your physician will collect your medical history to check whether you have asthma, urticaria or allergies before administering this injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Swelling of the face, tongue, throat
- Bluish discoloration
- Muscle weakness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.