MEXOHAR 150MG CAPSULE
MEXILETINEManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mexohar 150mg Capsule consists of the active ingredient Mexiletene. It is used to treat abnormal heartbeat and myotonia. It is a local anaesthetic and antiarrythmic. Myotonia refers to genetic defects that affect muscle functioning. An irregular heartbeat where the rhythm is too slow, too fast or asynchronous could lead to low cardiac output. This increases the risk for blood clots, and this effect can increase your risk of heart attack or stroke. Sometimes arrythmias can cause serious or even fatal disturbances in heart rhythm. In such cases use of anti arrythmic drugs can be lifesaving.
Uses of Mexohar 150mg Capsule:
- Treatment of Irregular heartbeat
- Treatment of ventricular arrythmia
- Alleviation of muscle pain and severe myotonia
How Mexohar 150mg Capsule works:
Mexohar 150mg Capsule blocks sodium channels in heart and nerve cells. It works by blocking certain signals in the heart that can lead to an irregular heartbeat. This medicine restores normal heart rhythm to maintain a regular and steady heartbeat.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 30˚C. Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- S Singh et al; Mexiletine; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised on 19th May 2021] [Accessed on 9th Jun 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK519045/
- Danbury; US Food and Drug Administration; [Published on 1998] [Accessed on 5th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/anda/98/74865ap_appltr_prntlbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antiarrhythmic Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 570-583.
- Robert D. Harvey, Augustus O. Grant, Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 228-253.
- Lupin Europe GmbH, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on 2nd Jun 2021] [Accessed on 9th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9838.pdf
How to use Mexohar 150mg Capsule:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor. Your physician will prescribe a dose according to how well the medicine is working.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Mexohar 150mg Capsule. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Mexohar 150mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver diseases. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Mexohar 150mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney disease. Consult with your doctor for advice
This medicine could cause tiredness, confusion or blurred vision. Avoid driving or operating machines if you experience these effects.
- Inform your physician before taking Mexohar 150mg Capsule if you have had heart attack or other heart problems.
- Inform your physician if you have epilepsy, abnormal magnesium or potassium levels in blood.
- Tell your physician before taking this medicine if you are allergic to Mexiletine or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you are a smoker or have recently stopped smoking.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction
- Convulsions (fits)
- Speech disorders
- Liver injury
- Oesophagus injury
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Double vision
- Disorders of heart rhythm
- Slowed heart rate
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Pain in extremities
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.