MINIRIN MELT MD 60MCG TABLET
DESMOPRESSINManufacturer : FERRING PHARMACEUTICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets contain the active ingredient desmopressin acetate hydrate. It is used in the treatment of vasopressin-sensitive cranial diabetes insipidus. Vasopressin sensitive means the disease is sensitive to the hormone Vasopressin and can be treated with Desmopressin. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to desmopressin. This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from heart disease and hypertension or have a condition that needs treatment with a diuretic.
Uses of Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets:
Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Vasopressin sensitive cranial diabetes insipidus: A disease causing the passing of excessive urine because not enough ADH is produced.
- Post hypophysectomy polyuria/ polydipsia : Frequent urination or excessive drinking following the removal of the pituitary gland.
- Primary nocturnal enuresis: Bed wetting
How Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets work:
Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets work by replacing Vasopressin; a hormone that is naturally produced by the body to help balance the amount of water and salt.
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Minirin melt MD 60mcg tablets.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Aspire Pharma; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised: 2020] [Accesses: 13/Apr/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11939.pdf
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised:2020] [Accessed: 13/Apr/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3795/pil
- TS McCarty, Shah AD; Desmopressin; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised:2020] [Accessed:13/Apr/2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK554582/
- Johan Vande Walle et al; Desmopressin 30 years in clinical use: A safety review; [Revised: 2007] [Accessed: 13/Apr/2021] ; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18690973/
How to use Minirin Melt MD 60mcg tablet:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for advice
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from cystic fibrosis, hypertension or have a condition that requires them to take a diuretic medicine. Consult your doctor for advice
Excessive use of alcohol should be avoided while taking this medication. Consult your doctor for advice
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Convulsions (fits)
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Decreased sodium in blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.