MYXITIN 4.5MG INJECTION
PIPERACILLIN,TAZOBACTAMManufacturer : LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Myxitin 4.5gm Injection is composed of the active ingredients Sterile Piperacillin sodium 4.0gm and Tazobactam sodium 0.5gm. It is indicated for the treatment of several bacterial infections caused by gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.
Severe hypersensitivity reactions are associated with the administration of this medicine. These reactions are more likely to occur in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to penicillin or multiple allergens. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have experienced such allergic reactions. Report to your physician right away if you experience severe, persistent diarrhea that does not stop.
Uses of Myxitin 4.5gm Injection:
Myxitin 4.5gm Injection is indicated for the treatment of:
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Female pelvic infections
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Urinary tract infections
- Bacterial septicemia
How Myxitin 4.5gm Injection works:
Piperacillin, Tazoactam Injection inhibits septum formation and cell wall synthesis of susceptible bacteria. It is active against various strains of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Tazobactam is a β-lactamase inhibitor, which on addition to piperacillin, acts against β-lactamase-producing strains. This further enables bacterial cell death.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25˚C.
- Sanofi, [Revised on May 2016] [Accessed on 7th Jul 2021], https://www.sanofi.in/-/media/Project/One-Sanofi-Web/Websites/Asia-Pacific/Sanofi-IN/Home/science-and-innovation/for-healthcare-professionals/product-information/Brodactam.pdf?la=en
- Pfizer, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on May 2017] [Accessed on 7th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/050684s88s89s90_050750s37s38s39lbl.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use Myxitin 4.5gm Injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine through intravenous route. Your physician will determine the dose based on the severity of your infection.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will prescribe this medicine only if the benefits are more than risks.
This medicine is excreted in low concentrations in human milk. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases and are undergoing dialysis. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions and prescribe accordingly.
- Inform your physician if you have cystic fibrosis or are following a low sodium diet.
- Inform your physician if you experience hypersensitive reactions to penicillin or other agents.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe anaphylactic reactions
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Toxic epidermal necrosis
- Progressive rashes
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting
- Low potassium levels in the blood
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.