PAZINIB 400MG TABLET
PAZOPANIBManufacturer : HETERO HEALTHCARE LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Pazinib 400mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Pazopanib. It is an anticancer drug used in the treatment of advanced kidney cancer and cancer in soft tissues. Soft tissue cancer occurs in muscles, blood vessels, and fat surrounding the organs to protect them. This medication is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of eighteen.
Before starting treatment with Pazinib 400mg Tablet, let your healthcare professional know if you have heart disorders, lung disorders, stomach or bowel problems, thyroid disorders, kidney problems, liver problems, or blood diseases. Contact your healthcare practitioner immediately if you experience difficulty breathing, sharp chest pain, blood in urine or stools, confusion, speech problems or numbness on one side of the body during the treatment.
Your surgeon may ask you to stop taking Pazinib 400mg Tablet at least 7 days before surgery. So, inform the physician that you are taking this medication. Any form of grapefruit must be avoided during the therapy. A reliable method of birth control should be used during the treatment and for at least 2 weeks after the last dose.
Uses of Pazinib 400mg Tablet:
Pazinib 400mg Tablet is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Advanced kidney cancer that has started spreading to other organs.
- Soft tissue sarcoma, a type of cancer that affects the supportive tissues of the body.
How Pazinib 400mg Tablet Works:
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) is a protein responsible for enhancing the growth of blood vessels that supply nutrients to the tumor cells. Pazinib 400mg Tablet interrupts the function of this protein and thus shrinks and slows down the growth of the tumor cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Do not store above 30˚C. Keep out of reach of the children.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Dec 2021] [Accessed on 10th June 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7861.pdf
- Novartis, [Revised on Dec 2021] [Accessed on 10th June 2022], https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/votrient.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
How to use Pazinib 400mg Tablet:
Consume the tablet as directed by the oncologist. Do not take additional dose to make up for the missed dose. Take this drug at least 2 hours after a meal or 1 hour before a meal. Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not break or crush the tablets. Any form of grapefruit must be avoided during the therapy.
Pazinib 400mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Inform your physician before taking this medication if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Do not breastfeed while taking Pazinib 400mg Tablet. Inform your physician before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician if you have mild to moderate liver conditions and ensure that your liver functions are monitored regularly. This medicine is not intended for use in patients with severe liver impairment.
Consult your physician before initiating this treatment if you are having kidney disease.
Avoid driving or using machines during this treatment if you feel dizzy or tired.
- Before starting treatment, talk to your physician if you have heart, lung, thyroid, blood, stomach, or bowel disorders.
- If you need to have any surgery, let your physician know that you are taking Pazinib 400mg Tablet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Appetite loss
- High blood pressure
- Loss of weight
- Loss of taste
- Sore mouth
- Tiredness or lack of energy
- Hair loss or thinning, changes in the hair color
- Skin rash
- Loss of skin pigment
- Swelling and redness of the soles of the feet or palms of the hands
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.