PHOSMER 400MG TABLET
SEVELAMERManufacturer : RINDZ PHARMA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Phosmer 400mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Sevelamer. It is indicated to control serum phosphorous levels in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis. Phosphate gets accumulated in the body in case of acute and chronic kidney injury. Hyperphosphatemia is a common complication of chronic kidney disease and hypoparathyroidism.
High levels of phosphorous in your blood could lead to deposits in your bone called calcification. Calcification stiffens your blood and makes pumping of blood difficult. Hyperphosphatemia could also lead to itchy skin, red eyes, bone pain and fractures. This can be controlled by incorporating restricted dietary intake of phosphorous and adding phosphate binding drugs and calcium supplements to the medication regimen.
Uses of Phosmer 400mg Tablet:
Phosmer 400mg Tablet is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease and those undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Adjunct to calcium and Vitamin D supplements to prevent bone disease.
How Phosmer 400mg Tablet works:
Phosmer 400mg Tablet binds to phosphate in the food present in the digestive tract, inhibits its absorption by the body and reduces the levels of phosphorous in the blood.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
This medicine does not require special storage conditions. Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children.
- Sanofi, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jun 2021] [Accessed on 18th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.207.pdf
- Genzyme Corporation, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2014] [Accessed on 4th Jun 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/022127s011lbl.pdf
- J. Goddard, A.N. Turner, Kidney and urinary tract disease, Davidson's Principles & Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 461-523.
- Daniel D. Bikle, Agents That Affect Bone Mineral Homeostasis, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 772-791.
How to use Phosmer 400mg Tablet:
Take Phosmer 400mg Tablet with meals. Do not crush, chew or break the tablets into pieces. Swallow the tablet whole with water. Your physician will prescribe the dose based on your serum phosphorous levels.
Inform your physician before taking Phosmer 400mg Tablet if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is not known if Phosmer 400mg Tablet is excreted in milk. Consult your physician for advice.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions, calcium and Vitamin D levels regularly.
- Talk to your physician if you have problems with swallowing, stomach or bowel movements, or if you have recently undergone a major surgery involving your stomach or bowel.
- Tell your physician before taking this medicine if you are allergic to sevelamer or any of its constituents.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Intestine or bowel obstruction
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.