POSAHIT 40MG/105ML SUSPENSION
POSACONAZOLEManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension consists of the active ingredient Posaconazole. It is an antifungal agent used to treat invasive Aspergillus and Candida infections in patients who are severely immunocompromised, such as Hemopoietic Stem cell Transplant recipients with Graft versus host disease or those with blood cancer with prolonged neutropenia from chemotherapy.
The common side effects of Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension include diarrhea, nausea, fever, vomiting, headache, coughing, and hypokalaemia.
Uses of Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension:
- Treatment of Invasive Aspergillus and Candida infections in patients who are severely immunocompromised.
- Treatment of infections caused by fungi of the Fusarium family that have not improved even after treatment with amphotericin B.
- Treatment of infections caused by fungi that cause the conditions known as “chromoblastomycosis” and “mycetoma” that have not improved even with treatment with itraconazole.
- Treatment of infections in the mouth or throat area caused by fungi called Candida.
How Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension works:
Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol by binding and inhibiting the lanosterol-14alpha-demethylase, which is present in almost all fungi as a key component of the fungal cell membrane. This is the cause of antifungal activity.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension oral suspension is stored at 25°C; excursions permitted to 15-30°C
- Merck, [Revised on Jul 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/n/noxafil/noxafil_pi.pdf
- Merck, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on May 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.176.pdf
How to use Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension:
Use as directed by the physician. Do not freeze and any suspension left in a bottle more than four weeks after it was first opened should not be used. Keep the suspension away from the reach of children. Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension oral suspension should be taken with full meals. Shake the suspension before use.
It is not known whether Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension causes harm to the unborn child. Hence should be used when the benefits outweigh the risks in the fetus.
Breastfeeding should be avoided as small amounts of this drug may pass through the milk.
Dizziness, blurred vision, the sleepiness caused by Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension may affect the ability to drive and use machines.
- Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension contains glucose, so caution should be exercised in patients with glucose intolerance.
- Tell your physician before consuming Posahit 40mg/105ml Suspension if you are allergic to Posaconazole or any of its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Liver toxicity
- Arrhythmias and QT prolongation
- Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Fever, Headache, Cough
- Low potassium levels in blood
- Feeling weak, dizzy, tired, or sleepy
- Rectal discomfort
- Low neutrophil count
- High BP
- Loss of appetite, stomach pain, passing wind, dry mouth, changes in taste
- Low magnesium levels
- Abnormal skin sensations, such as numbness, tingling, itching, creeping, pricking, or burning
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.