POSATRAL 300MG INJECTION
POSACONAZOLEManufacturer : MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Posatral 300mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Posaconazole. It is an antifungal agent used to treat invasive Aspergillus and Candida infections in patients who have a weak immune system due to Hemopoietic Stem cell Transplant, Graft versus host disease or those with blood cancer with prolonged neutropenia from chemotherapy. It effectively treats fungal infections when other antifungal medicines did not show improvement or had to be stopped in the middle of the course of treatment.
Uses of Posatral 300mg Injection:
Posatral 300mg Injection is indicated to prevent and treat fungal infections under the following circumstances:
- When other antifungal medicines did not show improvement
- When other antifungal treatments had to be stopped
How Posatral 300mg Injection works:
Posatral 300mg Injection inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol by binding and inhibiting the lanosterol-14alpha-demethylase, which is present in almost all fungi a key component of the fungal cell membrane. It stops the activity of organisms that cause fungal infections.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
- Merck, [Revised on Apr 2021] [Accessed on 4th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3435.pdf
- L. Chen et al., Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Posaconazole, Drugs, 2020, 80:671–695, https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s40265-020-01306-y.pdf
How to use Posatral 300mg Injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine under close supervision.
Do not take this medicine while you are pregnant unless adviced by your doctor.
It is not recommended to breastfeed during this treatment. Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
This medicine might interrupt in your ability to use machines or tools. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel dizzy or sick.
- Tell your physician before receiving Posatral 300mg Injection if you are allergic to Posaconazole or other antifungal medicines.
- Tell your physician before taking this Injection if you have heart problems or other medical conditions.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Liver problems
- Allergic reactions
- Numbness or tingling
- Electrolyte imbalance
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Rashes, itching
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.