SECURE PORT VENOUS S-8FR CATHETER
SURGICALSManufacturer : AUREATE HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter consists of a catheter (small flexible tube). This catheter is attached to a self-sealing silicone septum surrounded by titanium, stainless steel, or plastic port (injection port). It is designed to provide repeated access to the vascular system (blood vessels). This port system can be used for the administration of medications, fluids, blood products, and for the withdrawal of blood samples many times. It prevents frequent dressing or site care and minimizes the chance of infection. It is used in patients requiring multiple sites for IV access, long-term chemotherapy, and frequent blood transfusion.
Uses of Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter:
Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter is used in patients requiring:
- Long-term chemotherapy, fluids, etc.,
- Frequent blood transfusion or sampling
- Multiple sites for IV access and lacking useable peripheral IV sites
How Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter works:
Port is a medical device sutured under the skin, usually in the chest wall. Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter connects the port to a vein. The port has a septum through which medications can be injected, and blood samples can be drawn repeatedly with less discomfort.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter out of sight and reach of children.
- Secure Port; Accessed on 25/08/2021; http://www.drsuvadipchakrabarti.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Secureport-Presentation-Ruby.pdf
- Bard Access Systems, Inc, Revised on March 2015; Accessed on 25/08/2021; https://www.bd.com/assets/documents/pdh/initial/BAW0738034.pdf
How to use Secure Port Venous S-8FR Catheter:
It will be attached to your body by your health care professional.
You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant before the device is attached to your body.
You need to tell your physician if you are breastfeeding before the device is attached to your body.
- Talk to your physician if you have infections or lung disorders.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.