DUTASTERIDE,TAMSULOSINManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Tamdura Capsule is a combination medication containing Dutasteride 0.5mg and Tamsulosin 0.4mg. It is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia in men (enlarged prostate). Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a non-cancerous growth of prostate gland which can lead to urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, frequent or urgent need to urinate, and urinary dribbling.
Tamdura Capsule is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of 18. You should not take this medicine if you have low blood pressure, severe liver diseases or if you are allergic to soya, peanut, or any ingredients of this medicine. You need to inform your doctor if you have kidney problems, heart problems or if you are about to have eye surgery before taking this medicine.
Use effective birth control during the treatment as dutasteride may affect the normal development of a male baby. If you feel dizzy, or lightheaded while taking Tamdura Capsule, sit or lie down until the symptoms pass.
Uses of Tamdura Capsule:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
How Tamdura Capsule works:
Dutasteride reduces the production of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone, which leads to the shrinking of the prostate and relieves the symptoms. Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles in the prostate gland, thereby facilitating easier urination.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Tamdura Capsule out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiadrenergic Drugs (Adrenergic Receptor Antagonists) and Drugs for Glaucoma, 7th edition, 2013, 142.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Androgens, 12th edition, 2011, 1203.
- Mylan, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on April 2020] [ Accessed on 16th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11306.pdf
- GlaxoSmithKline, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on June 2011] [ Accessed on 16th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/022460s001lbl.pdf
How to use Tamdura Capsule:
Take Tamdura Capsule in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the capsules whole with water. Do not chew or crush the capsule.
Tamdura Capsule is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Tamdura Capsule. Your doctor will monitor your kidney condition before starting the treatment.
Tamdura Capsule may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- It is vital to inform your physician if you have low blood pressure before taking Tamdura Capsule.
- Women who are (or might be) pregnant must not handle leaking Capsules as this medicine can get absorbed through the body and affect the normal development of a male baby.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Decreased sex drive
- Breast enlargement or tenderness
- Difficulty with erection and ejaculation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.