TECENTRIQ 1200MG INJECTION
ATEZOLIZUMABManufacturer : ROCHE PRODUCTS INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Switzerland
Contact us for latest updates.
Contact us for latest updates.
Tecentriq 1200mg Injection consists of an active ingredient Atezolizumab. It is an anti-cancer drug that is a part of monoclonal antibody immunotherapy, indicated to treat cancer in the bladder, lungs, liver cells and breast.
This medicine is active against the advanced stages of cancer where the cancer has spread to other organs. If you experience symptoms like pain on the right side of the stomach, severe nausea, vomiting, lethargy, easy bleeding or diarrhea and blood in stools, report to your physician immediately.
Tecentriq 1200mg Injection is used to treat the following conditions:
- Urothelial cancer, a type of bladder cancer.
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) and Small cell lung cancer.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma, a type of liver cancer.
- Triple-negative breast cancer, in combination with Paclitaxel.
Tecentriq mechanism of action:
Tecentriq 1200mg Injection attaches to a specific protein called programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) and activates the anti-tumor activity of the T-cells. This process facilitates the immune system's fight against cancer.
It blocks the interaction between the cancer cells and the receptors, eventually suppressing the cancer cell growth and multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator (2-8°C). Do not freeze or shake the medicine. Do not use the medicine if it is cloudy, discoloured or contains particles.
- Roche, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC) [Revised on Sep 2021] [Accessed on 27th Nov 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8442.pdf
- Genentech Inc, US Food and Drug Administration [Revised on Oct 2021] [Accessed on 27th Nov 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/761034s028lbl.pdf
- Anton Wellstein, Giuseppe Giaccone, Michael B. Atkins, and Edward A. Sausville, Pathway-Targeted Therapies: Monoclonal Antibodies, Protein Kinase Inhibitors, and Various Small Molecules, Goodman & Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1203-1236.
- Douglas F. Lake and Adrienne D. Briggs, Immunopharmacology, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 977-1002.
How to use Tecentriq 1200mg Injection:
Tecentriq 1200 mg 20 ml is for intravenous use. It should not be taken as a single dose. Use as directed by your oncologist.
Tecentriq is not intended for use by pregnant women. Inform your physician before you take this medicine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician before you take this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Discuss with your physician before taking Tecentriq 1200 mg if you have been diagnosed with liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have been diagnosed with kidney problems.
If you feel tired or dizzy after taking this medicine, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Inform your doctor if you have an auto-immune disease, HIV infection, Lung inflammation (pneumonitis), Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or if you were told that your cancer has started to spread to your brain.
- Women of childbearing age should use contraception while on this treatment.
- Inform your physician if you have been given a live, attenuated vaccine or if you have been taking medicines to treat infection, to stimulate or suppress your immune system.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Pain on the right side of the stomach,
- Severe nausea, vomiting
- Easy bleeding or bruising
- Lung inflammation
- Diarrhea and blood in stools
- Hormonal imbalance
- Nerve problems
- Inflammation of the heart and kidneys
- Loss of appetite
- Urinary tract infection
- Pain in the joints, muscles and bones
- Hair loss
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Sensitivity to sun
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.