TROMBOPAG 50MG TABLET
ELTROMBOPAGManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Trombopag 50mg Tablet contains the active constituent eltrombopag. It is used to treat low platelet counts caused by immune primary thrombocytopenia (ITP) or hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. Platelets are blood cells that help seal cuts and form blood cuts, and very low platelet counts can lead to serious bleeding and bruising. It is also used in adults to treat low blood counts caused by severe aplastic anemia (SAA).
This medication is not recommended for children aged under one who has ITP. It is also not recommended for patients under 18 with low platelet counts caused by hepatitis C or severe aplastic anemia. Before taking Trombopag 50mg Tablet, you need to inform your physician if you have liver problems, cancer, blood disorders, eye problems, have had recent surgery, if you smoke, or are taking birth control pills.
Do not take Trombopag 50mg Tablet with dairy products or drinks, as the calcium in these items affects the absorption of the medicine. Use effective birth control during the treatment, and if you become pregnant, you need to inform your doctor.
Uses of Trombopag 50mg Tablet:
- Treats low platelet counts caused immune primary thrombocytopenia (ITP) or hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
- Treats low blood counts caused by severe aplastic anemia
How Trombopag 50mg Tablet works:
Trombopag 50mg Tablet stimulates the bone marrow (part of the bone that makes blood cells) to produce platelets and help prevent bruising and bleeding.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Trombopag 50mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2022] [ Accessed on 29th June 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.508.pdf
- GlaxoSmithKline, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on October 2008] [ Accessed on 29th June 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/022291lbl.pdf
- Douglas B.cines et al; Safety and efficacy of romiplostim in splenectomized and nonsplenectomized patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia; Haematologica; Published on August 2017; Accessed on 29/06/2022; https://www.haematologica.org/article/view/8154
How to use Trombopag 50mg Tablet:
Always take Trombopag 50mg Tablet exactly as your physician has prescribed you. Swallow the tablet whole with some water. Ensure that in the 2 hours after or 4 hours before you take this medication, you don’t consume dairy foods (such as cheese or butter), milk or milkshakes, antacids, and supplements containing iron, aluminum, magnesium, calcium, selenium, zinc, or calcium.
Tab Trombopag 50mg is not recommended for pregnant patients unless indicated by the doctor. You need to inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication.
Do not breastfeed while taking Trombopag 50mg Tablet. You should talk to your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You must tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders, as liver problems may increase the risk of blood clots with this medication.
Trombopag 50mg Tablet can cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
You need to tell your physician if you:
- Have cancer, eye problems, blood diseases, or if you smoke.
- Have recently had surgery or an injury.
- Have had to stay in bed for a long time.
- Are taking birth control pills.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Common cold
- Respiratory tract infection
- Back pain
- High temperature, cough
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Swelling in feet or hands
- Headache, dizziness
- Mouth and throat pain
- Joint pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.