UROTONE 25MG TABLET
BETHANECHOLManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Urotone 25mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Bethanechol. It is a cholinergic agent indicated to treat urinary retention. Specific surgical procedures lead to paralysis of the stomach or bowel without obstruction that results in urinary retention.
Urotone 25mg Tablet is now widely prescribed for treating urinary retention, neurogenic bladder after surgical procedures. It provides symptomatic relief in congenital megacolon and GERD but is rarely used.
Uses of Urotone 25mg Tablet:
- Treatment of acute post-operative and post-partum non-obstructive urinary retention.
How Urotone 25mg Tablet Works:
The molecules of Urotone 25mg Tablet have a similar structure to the acetylcholine produced naturally by our bodies. This medicine activates receptors present in all peripheral tissues and muscle cells. This activation causes an increase in smooth muscle contraction, secretion, and heart rate changes. It improves the muscle tone, gradually producing contraction, sufficient to induce urination and empty the bladder.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
- Ciplamed, [Revised on 3rd Feb 2021] [Accessed on 15th Apr 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/printpdf/49862
- Achilles J. Pappano, Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 107-123
- KD Tripathi, Cholinergic Transmission and Cholinergic Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 110-123.
How to use Urotone 25mg Tablet:
Take Urotone 25mg tablet on an empty stomach.
It is unknown if Urotone 25mg Tablet harms the fetus. Talk to your physician if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is unknown if Urotone 25mg Tablet is excreted in human milk. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Consult your physician for advice before starting treatment with Urotone 25mg Tablet if you have liver problems.
Inform your physician before starting treatment with Urotone 25mg Tablet if you have kidney problems.
- Inform your physician if you have hyperthyroidism, peptic ulcer, bronchial asthma, low BP/heart rate, vasomotor instability, heart disease, epilepsy, or parkinsonism.
- Inform your physician before taking Urotone 25mg Tablet if you are hypersensitive to Bethanechol or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Asthma attacks
- Low BP, high heart rate
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal cramps
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Urinary urgency
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.