VIRAFIN 100MG INJECTION
INTERFERON ALFA-2BManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Virafin 100mg Injection consists of the active substance Interferon alfa-2b. It is used in the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including cancers (such as chronic myelogenous leukemia, hairy cell leukemia, malignant melanoma, follicular lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and carcinoid tumour) and viral infections (chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis C). It is similar to a protein that your body naturally produces called interferon. It modifies the response of the body’s immune system to help fight infections and severe diseases.
Talk to your doctor if you have any severe heart disease, kidney disorders, liver diseases, history of seizures, autoimmune disorders, thyroid problems, or had an organ transplant before taking Intalfa 5miu Injection. Administration of this medicine may lead to dental and gum disorders. Your doctor may want you to drink extra fluids to help prevent low blood pressure. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Uses of Virafin 100mg Injection:
Virafin 100mg Injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Cancer conditions (chronic myelogenous leukemia, hairy cell leukemia, malignant melanoma, follicular lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and carcinoid tumour)
- Viral infections (chronic hepatitis B, or C)
How Virafin 100mg Injection works:
Virafin 100mg Injection is similar to a protein naturally produced in the body known as ‘Interferon’. It helps the immune system fight infections and other disorders.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store between 2ºC – 8ºC. Do not freeze or shake. Protect from light.
- Schering Corporation; US Food And Drug Administration; [Revised:1997] [Accessed:3/May/2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/1997/ifnasch110697-lab.pdf
- NR Khanna et al; Interferon; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised:2020] [Accessed:3/May/2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK555932/
- RA Ningrum; Human Interferon Alpha-2b; A therapeutic protein for cancer treatment; [Revised:2014] [Accessed:3/May/2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK555932/
- Merck & Co., Inc., [Revised on Aug 2019] [Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=30789790-8317-49f9-b97b-8c5ba17b53d2&type=display
How to use Virafin 100mg Injection:
It will be given to you by health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Intalfa 5miu Injection. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease before starting treatment with Intalfa 5miu Injection.
Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any kidney disease before taking Intalfa 5miu Injection.
This medicine may make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction
- Tingling of hands and feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin peeling
- Severe itching
- Stomach ache
- Tenderness and swelling of eyes, face , stomach etc.
- Changes in vision
- Bruising or bleeding
- Liver problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Muscle pain
- Hair loss
- Dry mouth
- Weight changes
- Changes in ability to taste
- Feeling hot or cold
- Tooth and gum problems
- Flu like symptoms
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.