CAZIGEL SOFTGEL CAPSULE
CALCITRIOL,CALCIUM CARBONATE,ZINCManufacturer : ESSJOHN PHARMAOrigin of Medicine : India
Cazigel Softgel Capsule contains Calcitriol 0.25mcg, Calcium carbonate 500mg, and Zinc 7.5mg. It is used in conditions where your body’s calcium levels need to be increased and for certain bone conditions. Calcium is important for healthy bones and teeth. Calcitriol is the active form of vitamin D3, which helps the body in the absorption of calcium. Zinc is essential for tissue repair, normal growth, and calcitriol response. Talk to your doctor if you have kidney stones, renal failure, myeloma (white blood cell cancer), or the conditions resulting in hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria before taking this medication. Tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines.
Uses of Cazigel Softgel Capsule:
- Treatment of calcium and vitamin D deficiency
- Postmenopausal osteoporosis (weakening of bones in women after menopause)
- Renal osteodystrophy (bone disease in people with kidney problems)
- Management of secondary hyperparathyroidism (too much parathyroid hormone in the blood)
How Cazigel Softgel Capsule works:
Cazigel Softgel Capsule replenishes the body with calcium and zinc, resulting in stronger teeth and bones.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Cazigel Softgel Capsule out of sight and reach of children. Protect from moisture and light.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting calcium balance, 7th edition, 2013, 335-346.
- Atnahs Pharma UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11802.pdf
- Kyowa Kirin Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on August 2016] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1295.pdf
- M K Drezner, T Nesbitt; Role of calcitriol in prevention of osteoporosis: Part I; Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental; Published on April 1990; Accessed on 16/06/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19396314/
- Nazanin Roohani et al; Zinc and its importance for human health: An integrative review; Journal of Research in Medical Sciences; Published on Feb 2013; Accessed on 16/06/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23914218
How to use Cazigel Softgel Capsule:
Take Cazigel Softgel Capsule in dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not chew or crush the capsules.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Cazigel Softgel Capsule. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Cazigel Softgel Capsule.
Talk to your doctor if you have kidney stones or other kidney problems before taking Cazigel Softgel Capsule.
- Inform your doctor if you have allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.