Did you find this information helpful?
OXALO FORTE CAPSULE
Salt Composition : Oxalobacter Formigenes,bifidobacterium Lactis,lactobacillus Acidophilus,bacillus Coagulans
Manufacturer : SANZYME PVT LTD
Origin of Medicine : India
10 Capsule(s) In A Strip
Introduction to Oxalo Forte Capsule
Oxalo Forte Capsule contains not less than 5 billion colony-forming units (CFU’s) of a blend of probiotics oxalobacter formigenes, bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus acidophilus, bacillus coagulans. Probiotics are live microorganisms that provide health benefits to the host by increasing intestinal microbial flora. They maintain a balance between beneficial flora and harmful bacteria. Inform your physician if you have liver disease, kidney problems, heart disease, and other pre-existing medical conditions before initiating the treatment.
Oxalate degradation by oxalobacter formigenes is important for human health, helping to prevent hyperoxaluria and disorders such as the development of kidney stones. Oxalobacter and other probiotics collectively help to reduce the kidney stones formed due to more oxalates. Oxalo Forte capsule aid in maintaining a healthy microbiota balance in the gut. It improves the digestive tract's ability to absorb nutrients from digested food into the body. It also helps in preventing hyperoxaluria (excess oxalate in the urine) and the development of kidney stones.
Do not take Oxalo Forte capsules if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the medicine. Kidney stones are deposits of acid salts and minerals that stick together in concentrated urine. Up to 80% of kidney stones are primarily composed of calcium oxalate. Talk to your physician about all the medications you are taking recently, including nutritional, vitamin supplements, and herbal medicines.
Uses of Oxalo Forte Capsule
- Maintain a healthy microbiota balance in the gut
- Prevent hyperoxaluria
- Improve absorption of nutrients from the digestive tract
Therapeutic Effects of Oxalo Forte Capsule
Probiotics are useful microorganisms to fight against pathogenic bacteria in the human gut. They modify the structure and function of the intestinal epithelium. It metabolizes oxalate in the intestinal tract, enhances the non-urinary removal of endogenous oxalate through enteric elimination, and stops the recurrence of oxalate stones in the body.
Interaction of Oxalo Forte Capsule with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking including prescription, over-the-counter medicines, vitamin or nutritional supplements, and herbal products. Certain medications may interact with Oxalo Forte capsule and may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
More Information about Oxalo Forte Capsule
- Keep Oxalo Forte Capsule out of sight and reach of children.
- Keep the capsule in a dry and cool place protected from moisture and sunlight.
- If you forget to take a dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular schedule. Do not take double the dose for a missed dose.
How to consume Oxalo Forte Capsule
Take one or two Oxalo Forte capsules as prescribed by your doctor. Your physician will decide the dose and duration of the treatment based on your condition and other factors. Swallow the capsules as a whole. Do not break, chew, dissolve, or crush the capsules.
Safety Advices for Oxalo Forte Capsule
It is unknown whether Oxalo Forte capsule is safe during pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy before initiating the treatment.
It is unknown whether Oxalo Forte capsules are safe during breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed without consulting your doctor.
It is unknown whether Oxalo Forte capsule is safe to administer to patients with lung diseases. Inform your doctor if you have any lung problems.
It is unknown whether Oxalo Forte capsule can be given to patients with liver diseases. Inform your doctor if you have any liver problems.
Limit or avoid alcohol while using Oxalo Forte capsule to reduce the interactions and side effects.
If you feel dizzy, or sleepy while using the Oxalo Forte capsule, it is advised to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery. Consult your doctor for more advice.
Side Effects of Oxalo Forte Capsule
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Abdominal discomfort
Word of Advice
If you face any allergic reactions after consuming the capsule, discontinue the use and inform your physician immediately. Notify your physician if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning for pregnancy before starting the treatment. If you accidentally overdosed on the medicine, seek medical advice immediately.
Q 1. They may trigger allergic reactions, and may also cause mild stomach upset, diarrhea, or flatulence (passing gas), and bloating for the first few days after starting to take them.
What should not be taken with Oxalo Forte capsule?
Fact Box of Oxalo Forte Capsule
Molecule Name: Oxalobacter formigenes + Bifidobacterium lactis + Lactobacillus acidophilus + Bacillus coagulans
Therapeutic Class: Probiotics
Pharmacological Class: Probiotics
1. Maintain a healthy microbiota balance in the gut
2. Prevent hyperoxaluria
3. Improve absorption of nutrients from the digestive tract
- Plaza-Diaz J, Ruiz-Ojeda FJ, Gil-Campos M, Gil A. Mechanisms of Action of Probiotics. Advances in Nutrition [Published 2019 Jan 1] [cited 2023 Apr 20];10(suppl_1):S49–66. Available from: https://naturalpharma.bio/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Plaza-Diaz-J.-2019.pdf
- Cameron D, Hock QS, Kadim M, Mohan N, Ryoo E, Sandhu B, et al. Probiotics for gastrointestinal disorders: Proposed recommendations for children of the Asia-Pacific region. World Journal of Gastroenterology [Published 2017 Dec 7] [cited 2023 Apr 20];23(45):7952–64. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5725290/
- Pragasam Viswanathan; Probiotics Supplements for the Management of Calcium Oxalate Kidney Stones-Are We Ready for it?; Journal of Kidney; Published on 23/04/2018; Accessed on 19/04/2023; https://www.longdom.org/open-access/probiotics-supplements-for-the-management-of-calcium-oxalate-kidney-stonesare-we-ready-for-it-2472-1220-1000e112.pdf
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.