Did you find this information helpful?
ACOZOLO 250MG CAPSULE
Salt Composition : Temozolomide
Manufacturer : ACCORD PHARMA
Origin of Medicine : India
5 Capsule(s) In A Strip
Introduction to Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Acozolo 250mg Capsule contains the active ingredient temozolomide. It belongs to the class of medications known as Antitumor agents. It is prescribed to treat brain cancer, such as glioblastoma multiforme in adults and malignant glioma, including glioblastoma multiforme or anaplastic astrocytoma in patients older than three years. Glioblastoma and anaplastic astrocytoma are the most common and aggressive brain cancers with low chances of survival. Anaplastic astrocytoma is treated with Acozolo 250mg Capsule or radiotherapy after biopsy, whereas Glioblastoma multiforme is treated with a combination of radiotherapy and Acozolo 250mg Capsule, and it is continued as maintenance therapy.
The common side effects that are likely to associate with Acozolo 250mg Capsule are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, rashes, tiredness, frequent urination, vision and hearing problems, high blood sugar levels, muscle damage, pain in muscles and joints, memory loss, coordination problems, infections, sleep problems and loss of weight. Inform your doctor if any of these symptoms disturb you or persist.
Inform your physician if you are allergic to Acozolo 250mg Capsule and its ingredients. Before starting treatment with this medication, let your physician know if you have hepatitis B infection, anemia, low platelet count, low level of RBC and WBC, blood clotting problems, or any liver or kidney problems. Your physician will monitor your WBC and platelet counts regularly. Avoid taking this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Both women and men should use birth control to avoid pregnancy and fathering a child.
Uses of Acozolo 250mg Capsule
- Treatment of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme.
- Treatment of refractory anaplastic astrocytoma
Therapeutic Effects of Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Acozolo 250mg Capsule acts by inhibiting the production of genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells, which results in preventing their cell growth and multiplication, thereby preventing cancer spread to other parts of the body.
Interaction of Acozolo 250mg Capsule with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medicines you take or have taken before the treatment.
More Information about Acozolo 250mg Capsule
- Keep Acozolo 250mg Capsule out of sight and reach of children.
- Store protected from light and moisture.
- Do not store above 25°C.Use as directed by your physician. Your physician will prescribe an adequate dose according to your height and weight. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water, on an empty stomach. Do not open, crush or chew the capsule and avoid contact of the open capsules with your skin.
How to consume Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Use as directed by your physician. Your physician will prescribe an adequate dose according to your height and weight. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water, on an empty stomach. Do not open, crush or chew the capsule and avoid contact of the open capsules with your skin.
Safety Advices for Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Acozolo 250mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy as it may cause fetal harm. It should not be used unless prescribed by your physician. Women with childbearing potential should use effective contraceptive precautions for at least 6 months following the completion of treatment.
Acozolo 250mg Capsule is unsafe to use during breastfeeding as it passes through breast milk and harm the baby. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule if you have if you have any lung conditions.
Inform your physician before taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule if you have severe liver problems. Dose adjustment is required based on the condition.
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule as it may cause unpleasant side effects. Consult our doctor for advice.
Do not drive or operate heavy machines while being treated with Acozolo 250mg Capsule as it may decrease alertness, affect your vision and make you dizzy and sleepy.
Side Effects of Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Secondary cancer like myelodysplastic syndrome and myeloid leukemia.
- Severe Allergic reactions
- Inflammation and fluid buildup in lungs
- Blood clot in lungs or legs
- Liver toxicity
- Fever and chills
- Severe headache
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Hair loss
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- High blood sugar levels
- Dizziness, impaired sensation, tingling sensation, abnormal taste
- Vision and Hearing problem
- Frequent urination
- Muscle damage, pain in muscles and joints
- Weight changes
- Infections and wounds
- Abnormal blood cell counts
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep problems
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating, changes in mental status and alertness
- Coordination problems
Word of Advice
It is advised to use effective birth control for both men and women taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule. Women of reproductive potential must use effective contraception during and after six months of therapy. Male patients receiving Acozolo 250mg Capsule treatment should refrain from fathering children and should use reliable contraception during and for three months following the treatment. Your doctor could suggest routine blood tests to check your electrolyte levels, blood cell count, and liver function.
Q 1. What class of medication is Acozolo 250mg Capsule?
Acozolo 250mg Capsule belongs to the class of medications called Antitumor agents
Q 2. Can children use Acozolo 250mg Capsule?
No, Acozolo 250mg Capsule is not recommended for usage in children under 3. There is limited information on patients over the age of 3 who have taken this medication. Consult your doctor before taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule.
Q 3. What is the best time to take Acozolo 250mg Capsule?
It is best to take Acozolo 250mg Capsule once a day on an empty stomach. Take the capsule at the same time every day for better results.
Q 4. Can I take vaccinations while taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule?
No, The live vaccine may interact with Acozolo 250mg Capsule. Hence, without consulting your healthcare provider, this medication should not be taken with any vaccinations.
Q 5. Can I drive while taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule?
No, taking Acozolo 250mg Capsule while driving and operating heavy machines may cause dizziness, sleepiness, and decreased alertness, affecting your vision.
Fact Box of Acozolo 250mg Capsule
Molecule name: Temozolomide
|Therapeutic class: Alkylating agents|
Pharmacological class: Antitumor agents
1. Treatment of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme.
2. Treatment of refractory anaplastic astrocytoma
1. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC) [Revised on Feb 2022] [Accessed on 21 Nov 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5318.pdf
2. Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Sep 2015] [Accessed on 21 Nov 2022] https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/021029s031lbl.pdf
3. Neha Singh et al., Mechanisms of temozolomide resistance in glioblastoma - a comprehensive review, Cancer Drug Resist; Published on Mar 2021; Accessed on 21/09/2022; https://cdrjournal.com/article/view/3779
4. Zerong Tian et al., Glioblastoma and Anaplastic Astrocytoma: Differentiation Using MRI Texture Analysis, Front. Oncol., Published on Sep 2019; Accessed on 21/09/2022; https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2019.00876/full
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.