ACTEMRA 400MG INJECTION
TOCILIZUMABManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : Switzerland
Actemra 400mg Injection is indicated for patients with moderate to severely active rheumatoid arthritis who have not adequately responded to other drugs. It is also prescribed in Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (PJIA) and Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (SJIA). PJIA and SJIA are inflammatory diseases that causes pain and swelling in one or more joints in children aged 2 years and above. Actemra 400mg Injection reduces the symptoms like pain and swelling of the joints and also improves your performance in daily activities. It slows down the damage to the cartilage and bone of the joints that occurs due to arthritis.
Uses of Actemra 400mg Injection:
- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and giant cell arthritis
- Treatment of Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Treatment of cytokine release syndrome
How Actemra 400mg Injection works:
Interleukin-6 is a proinflammatory cytokine produced by different types of cells. They are involved in the activation of T-cells, protein synthesis by the liver and inflammatory processes in rheumatoid arthritis. Actemra 400mg Injection inhibits the signaling of Interleukin-6 by binding with Interleukin-6 receptors.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Protect the vials from light.
- Roche Products Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Apr 2020] [Accessed on 3rd Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6673.pdf
- Genentech, Inc., US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Aug 2017] [Accessed on 3rd Jun 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/125276s114lbl.pdf
- Ahmed A. Negm & Daniel E. Furst, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs, Nonopioid Analgesics, & Drugs Used in Gout, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 642-666.
How to use Actemra 400mg Injection:
Actemra 400mg Injection must be given under the supervision of experienced health care professional. Discard if any discoloration or visible particle is seen.
Actemra 400mg Injection might cause fetal harm. Inform your physician before taking Actemra 400mg Injection if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have think you have an infection or symptoms of infection such as sweating, chills, breathlessness, tiredness, diarrhea, cough, etc.
- Inform your physician if you have cancer, diabetes, HIV, TB, hepatitis B or a weak immune system.
- Inform your physician if you have problems in your stomach or intestine. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, your physician will monitor your blood cell counts and blood cholesterol regularly.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe infections
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Injection site reactions
- Increased serum liver enzyme levels
- Rash and itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Fluid accumulation in legs and weight gain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.