ACTORISE 100MCG INJECTION
DARBEPOETIN ALFAManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Actorise 100mcg Injection contains the active constituent darbepoetin alfa. It is used to treat anemia. Anemia is a condition in which blood does not contain enough red blood cells. As a result, you may experience weakness, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
Actorise 100mcg Injection is used to treat symptomatic anemia associated with kidney failure and chemotherapy (cancer treatment) of non-myeloid malignancies (non-bone marrow cancer). In kidney failure, the kidney fails to produce the natural hormone erythropoietin, which plays a key role in the production of red blood cells. The important side effect associated with chemotherapy is that it stops the bone marrow from producing sufficient blood cells.
Talk to your doctor if you have seizures, high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, liver disorders, hepatitis C, allergic conditions, or lack of response to medicines used to treat anemia before taking Actorise 100mcg Injection. It is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled blood pressure.
Uses of Actorise 100mcg Injection:
Treatment of symptomatic anemia in:
- Patients with chronic renal failure (kidney failure)
- Patients receiving chemotherapy for non-bone marrow cancers
How Actorise 100mcg Injection works:
Actorise 100mcg Injection stimulates the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells in the same way as the natural hormone erythropoietin.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Actorise 100mcg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in refrigerator at 2°C - 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Hematopoietic agents, 12th edition, 1071 - 1072.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Haematinics and Erythropoietin, 7th edition, 2013, 611.
- Amgen Europe BV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Feb 2021] [ Accessed on 17th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6958.pdf
- Amgen Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Jan 2019] [ Accessed on 17th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/103951s5378lbl.pdf
How to use Actorise 100mcg Injection:
Acotrise 100mcg Injection will be given to you by a health care professional. Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider. Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it.
There are no established adverse effects of Actorise 100mcg Injection in pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Actorise 100mcg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Actorise 100mcg Injection.
It is necessary to tell your doctor if you are suffering or have suffered from any liver diseases, including hepatitis C, before taking Actorise 100mcg Injection.
Your doctor will frequently monitor your blood samples and blood pressure if you are a patient with chronic kidney disease, and especially if you do not properly respond to Actorise 100mcg Injection.
- Tell your doctor if you have high blood pressure, which is not being controlled with other medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you have seizures or sickle cell anemia.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- High blood pressure
- Allergic reactions
- Pain around the injected area
- Rash, redness on the skin
- Blood clots
- Fluid retention
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.