AFAYRO 20MG TABLET
AFATINIB DIMALEATEManufacturer : GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Afayro 20mg Tablet is an anticancer medicine containing afatinib dimaleate. It is used to treat patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumors have certain (non-resistant) abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes and patients with metastatic, squamous NSCLC progressing after platinum-based chemotherapy. Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an abnormal and uncontrolled manner. Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders, breathing problems, liver disorders, heart problems, intolerance to sugars, or severe dry eye, or other eye problems before taking this medicine.
Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least two weeks after your last dose. Tell your doctor if you are wearing contact lenses or breastfeeding before taking Afayro 20mg Tablet. Limit your time in the sun as this medicine may make your skin sensitive to the sun. It is not recommended for children and adolescents under the age of 18. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Afayro 20mg Tablet:
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
How Afayro 20mg Tablet works:
Afayro 20mg Tablet is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It blocks the activity of a group of proteins called ErbB family (including EGFR [epidermal growth factor receptor or ErbB1], HER2 [ErbB2], ErbB3 and ErbB4), proteins involved in the spread and growth of cancer cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Jan 2018] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/201292s014lbl.pdf
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Sept 2020] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5147.pdf
- Helga Wecker, Cornelius F Waller; Afatinib; Recent Results in Cancer Research 2018; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30069769/
How to use Afayro 20mg Tablet:
Always take Afayro 20mg Tablet as exactly your doctor has told you. If you find difficulties in swallowing, dissolve the tablet in a glass of water, and drink the liquid straight away. No other liquids should be used.
Afayro 20mg Tablet can harm the unborn baby. You should not take this medicine during pregnancy unless your doctor recommends taking it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
Do not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for risks and benefits.
Inform your physician if you have any liver disorders.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
- Tell your doctor if you are wearing a contact lens before taking this medicine.
- Use sunscreen while you are taking Afayro 20mg Tablet if you have to be in sunlight. Limit your time in the sun.
- Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sugars.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Persistent or severe diarrhea
- Skin reactions (blistering and peeling in skin or mouth, redness, rash)
- Breathing problems (shortness of breath, cough, fever)
- Liver problems (dark colored urine, yellowing of skin or whites of eyes, abdominal pain, bleeding, bruising, very tired)
- Eye problems (blurred vision, sensitivity to light, eye pain, swelling, or redness)
- Heart problems (palpitations, sudden weight gain, swelling of your ankles, feet or legs)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Mouth sores
- Dry skin
- Nail inflammation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.