ALBUCEL 5% INJECTION 100ML
HUMAN ALBUMINManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Albucel 5% Injection 100ml contains human albumin as the active constituent. It consists of a liquid preparation of albumin which is prepared from the human plasma. It is administered as an infusion directly into the veins. This medicine can be given in both adults and children. Albumin is a protein that helps in maintaining the osmotic pressure between the blood vessels and tissue. It is responsible for regulating fluid balance.
Albucel 5% Injection 100ml is used to restore and maintain the circulating blood volume in case of volume deficiencies. Volume deficiencies occur during the surgery, shock, after severe trauma, liver failure, dialysis, and burn therapy. Since it is obtained from human plasma there might be a chance of viral infections in patients who receive this infusion frequently, in such cases, your doctor will administer vaccines (Hepatitis A and B) to prevent infections. Talk to your doctor if you have heart failure, hypertension, severe anemia, lung inflammation, or breathing difficulty before taking Human Albumin Injection.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine. If you have a previous history of allergic reactions to Albucel 5% Injection 100ml, inform your doctor before starting the treatment. Your doctor may monitor your electrolyte levels periodically to check the status of your blood circulatory functions. Also, your urine output, pulse rate, blood pressure and hemoglobin will be traced thoroughly during the treatment with this medicine.
Uses of Albucel 5% Injection 100ml:
Albucel 5% Injection 100ml is been approved for the following conditions:
- Hypovolemic shock
- Burn therapy
- Liver failure
- Cardiac bypass surgery
- Respiratory failure due to accumulation of fluid in the lungs
How Albucel 5% Injection 100ml works:
Albumin accounts for 10% of protein synthesis. Albucel 5% Injection 100ml works by pulling the fluids present in the intravascular space, decreasing the fluid accumulation and increasing the circulating blood volume.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before.
How to store Albucel 5% Injection 100ml:
- Keep Albucel 5% Injection 100ml out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store this medicine above 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Store it in a safe place and protect it from light.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Hypolipidaemic drugs and Plasma expanders, 7th edition, 2013, 644-645
- Biotest Pharma GmbH, Electronic medicines compendium (emc) [Revised on Jan 2021] [Accessed July 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.577.pdf
- Bio Products Laboratory Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc) [Revised on April 2019] [AccessedJuly 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5546/smpc
- Bio Products Laboratory Limited, UD.S Food and drug Administration,[Accessed on July 2022], https://www.fda.gov/media/70406/download
- Bio Products Laboratory Limited, Product Monograph, U.S Food and Drug Administration,[Accessed on July 2022], https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00045977.PDF
How to use Albucel 5% Injection 100ml:
- Albucel 5% Injection 100ml will be given to you by your health care professional.
- The solution for injection should be discarded if it is found to be cloudy or contains any deposits.
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Albucel 5% Injection 100ml as only limited studies are available regarding the harm to the unborn baby. Thus, it must be given only if it is clearly required.
If you are breastfeeding consult your doctor before taking Albucel 5% Injection 100ml as only limited studies show the presence of albumin in breastmilk.
Inform your doctor if you have any serious liver disorders before taking Albucel 5% Injection 100ml.
Inform your doctor if you have any serious kidney disorders as Albucel 5% Injection 100ml is considered unsafe to administer in patients with kidney impairment.
Consult your doctor to check if it is safe to consume alcohol during the treatment with Albucel 5% Injection 100ml.
Albucel 5% Injection 100ml has not got any effects on your driving performance or potential to handle machines. Hence, it is considered safe to drive or operate machines during the treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are having blood pressure, heart problems, or anemia as it is considered unsafe to administer Albucel 5% Injection 100ml.
- Your electrolyte status will be monitored by your doctor to restore the electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
The side effects of Albucel 5% Injection 100ml are listed below:
- Shock in rare cases
- Fever, chills
- Nausea, vomiting
- Changes in pulse and blood pressure
- Feeling sick
- Shortness of breath, chest tightness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.