ALPHANINE 500IU INJECTION
FACTOR IXManufacturer : GRIFOLSOrigin of Medicine : India
Alphanine 500IU Injection contains factor IX. It is prescribed to prevent or stop bleeding due to a lack of factor IX (haemophilia B) in the body. You may have this condition from birth or acquire it later in life. Factor IX is a protein that is part of the body’s natural way of forming clots to stop bleeding. Lack or low levels of this protein will cause blood coagulation problems which may lead to bleeding in muscles, joints or internal organs. Talk to your doctor if you have any allergic conditions, liver disorders, or if a surgery is planned before taking this medicine. Your doctor may recommend you to consider vaccination against hepatitis A and B if you repeatedly receive this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Uses of Alphanine 500IU Injection:
- Treatment of Haemophilia B.
How Alphanine 500IU Injection works:
Alphanine 500IU Injection replenishes the body with Factor IX, a protein essential for clot formation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Biotest Pharma GmbH; electronic medicines compendium; [Revised: April 2016] [Accessed:11/Apr/2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.580.pdf
- K Kurachi et al; Biology of Factor IX; Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis 1993; [Accessed: 11/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8148489/
- NA Orlova et al; Coagulation factor IX for Haemophilia B therapy; Acta Naturae 2012; [Accessed: 11/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22872812/
- T Zögg; Activation mechanisms of coagulation factor IX; Biological Chemistry 2009; [Accessed: 11/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19361276/
How to use Alphanine 500IU Injection:
A doctor or nurse will administer the medication intravenously.
Alphanine 500IU Injection is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Alphanine 500IU Injection. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo or have recently undergone any surgery before starting treatment.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Blood clots
- Skin reactions
- Feeling cold or hot flushes
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.