APNICAF 20MG ORAL SOLUTION 3ML
CAFFEINEManufacturer : ABBOTTOrigin of Medicine : India
Apnicaf 20mg oral solution contains the active constituent caffeine. It is used in the treatment of apnoea of prematurity. It can be swallowed by mouth or given through a feeding bottle. Apnoea of prematurity is the condition of premature babies in which there occurs a stoppage of breathing for around 20 seconds accompanied by lowered heart rate and deprived oxygen supply in the tissues. Apnea may be caused by cardiac abnormalities, metabolic problems, anemia, lung or CNS disorders, which should be properly treated prior to initiation of Apnicaf 20mg oral solution administration.
If you are breastfeeding while your infant is treated with this medicine, you should not drink any coffee or consume caffeine-containing products as it may pass through the breast milk. Inform your baby’s doctor if the baby produces an unusual amount of urine, has reduced weight gain or food intake, suffered from unusual heart rhythms, is detected with heart or kidney disease, and the mother’s Apnicaf 20mg oral solution consumption prior to delivery.
Uses of Apnicaf 20mg oral solution:
- Treatment of apnoea of prematurity
How Apnicaf 20mg oral solution works:
It is believed to work by stimulating the respiratory center, and increasing the oxygen consumption.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications or treatment given to your infant before .
Always store the vials (bottle) in a child-resistant container.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, CNS stimulants and cognition enhancers7th edition, 2013, 488.
- Macarthys Laboratories Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on July 2018] [ Accessed on 3rd April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5145.pdf
- Roxane Laboratories, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2000] [ Accessed on 3rd April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2000/20793s1lbl.pdf
How to use Apnicaf 20mg oral solution:
Each vial is for single use only. The unused portion should be discarded. Your physician will prescribe the right amount of Apnicaf 20mg oral solution based on your baby’s body weight. Visually inspect for the presence of particulate matter and discoloration; if vials contain particles or discolored, discard them. Consult your physician if the baby continues to have apnea or demonstrate any abdominal discomfort, vomiting, or bloody stools. Do not increase the dose without consulting the physician.
Apnicaf 20mg oral solution is excreted into the breast milk and pass through the infant body, so the mothers of the infants treated with Apnicaf 20mg oral solution should not consume caffeine containing beverages or medicinal products.
It is important to inform if your infant produces an unusual amount of urine lately.
- Inform your doctor about the food intake pattern of the infant, unusual heart rhythms, and seizures experienced before the administration of Apnicaf 20mg oral solution.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Bloody stools
- Allergic reactions
- Bloodstream infection
- Cardiac disorders (irregular heartbeat)
- Increased sugar in blood or serum
- Increased urination
- Bloated abdomen
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.