BACTILEM 1.5GM INJECTION
CEFUROXIMEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bactilem 1.5gm Injection is an antibiotic indicated for bacterial infections. It treats infection of the lungs, chest, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues and stomach. It is occasionally used to treat community-acquired pneumonia due to its ability to act against beta lactamase strains. Your physician will conduct tests to detect the type of bacteria causing your infection and will check whether that bacteria is sensitive to Cefuroxime.
Uses of Bactilem 1.5gm Injection:
- Treatment of lower respiratory tract infections.
- Treatment of urinary tract infections, uncomplicated gonorrhea, septicemia, meningitis, bone and joint infections, skin and suture infections.
- Prevention of infections during surgical procedures
- Treatment of early Lyme disease
How Bactilem 1.5gm Injection works:
Bactilem 1.5gm Injection inhibits the synthesis of the cell wall by the bacteria by binding to the target proteins. It is active against beta lactamase strains and other strains that are resistant to ampicillin and amoxicillin. Inhibition of cell wall synthesis is crucial for the rapid killing of susceptible bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- For single use only. Discard any unused contents.
- Keep the injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at or below 25°C in the original package and protect from light.
- Flynn Pharma Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Feb 2019] [Accessed on 18th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.149.pdf
- Covis Pharmaceuticals Inc, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on 2013] [Accessed on 18th Jun 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/050558s069,050643s022lbl.pdf
- DEVATIS LIMITED, New Zealand Data Sheet, [Revised on Aug 2019] [Accessed on 18th Jun 2021], https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Datasheet/c/cefuroximeinj.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use Bactilem 1.5gm Injection:
Administer this injection only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will change the dosing according to your condition.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Cephalosporins or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
- Inform your physician before taking this injection if you are about to give a sample for blood or urine test.
- Inform your physician if you are following a restricted sodium diet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Skin rashes
- Fungal infections
- Fever or sore throat
- Blisters and peeling skin
- Changes in kidney function
- Easy bleeding or bruising
- Low WBC and platelet levels in blood
- Pain at the site of injection
- Changes in liver function
- Low RBC and hemoglobin levels
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.