BIOMAB EGFR 50MG INJECTION
NIMOTUZUMABManufacturer : BIOCON LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Nimotuzumab. It is the preferred choice of treatment for squamous cell carcinoma in the head and neck.
Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most typical form of skin cancer that mostly affects elderly males and smokers. This type of skin cancer usually occur in parts that are always exposed to the sun such as bald head, face, back of hands and upper part of the ears. Report to your physician immediately if you experience any allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
Uses of Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection:
- Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection is used along with radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment to treat squamous cell carcinoma in the head and neck region.
How Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection Works:
Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection binds to the human epidermal growth factor receptors (EFGR) present outside the cells and inhibits its interaction with other proteins. The over-expression of EFGR in the cell lines is controlled. This activates the enzymes associated with EFGR and results in blockage of cancer cell growth.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
To be stored between 2˚C and 8˚C. Do not freeze.
- Biocon, [Accessed on 9th Apr 2020], https://www.biocon.com/docs/prescribing_information/oncology/biomab_pi.pdf
- Tania Crombet Ramos et al., Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection for Patients With Inoperable Cancer of the Head and Neck, Front. Oncol., 27 May 2020 [Accessed on 9th Apr 2021], https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2020.00817/full
- S.H. Ibbotson, R.S. Dawe, Skin Disease, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 1249-1305
How to use Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection:
Administer Biomab EFGR 50mg Injection only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.
Consult your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Check with your physician before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Before taking this medicine, inform your physician if you are sensitive to Nimotuzumab or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Chills and fever
- Skin reactions
- Fluctuations in BP
- Blood in urine, vomiting and loose stools
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.