BIPACEF 500MG TABLET
CEFUROXIMEManufacturer : MICRO LABS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bipacef 500mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Cefuroxime Axetil. It is an antibiotic medicine indicated to treat infections caused by bacteria in the throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. Before starting this treatment course, your physician will test to determine which type of bacteria is causing infection and whether that bacteria is sensitive to this medicine.
Your physician will prescribe this medicine only if needed in order to prevent resistance and maintain the effectiveness of this medicine. Contact your physician immediately if you experience hypersensitivity reactions or diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
Uses of Bipacef 500mg Tablet:
Bipacef 500mg Tablet is indicated for adults and paediatric patients to treat the following infections:
- Urinary tract infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Early lyme disease
- Skin infections
How Bipacef 500mg Tablet works:
Bipacef 500mg Tablet inhibits the cell wall synthesis by the bacteria by binding to the target proteins. It is active against beta-lactamase strains and other strains that are resistant to other antibiotics. Inhibiting cell wall synthesis is crucial for the rapid inhibition of susceptible bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in the original pack below 30°C.
- Glaxo Wellcome UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2019] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3810.pdf
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited, [Revised on Oct 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=faef39e9-d793-4191-a728-310f6fab759d&type=display
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use Bipacef 500mg Tablet:
Take this tablet after food. Swallow the tablets whole with some water.
Tell your physician if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before taking this medicine.
Tell your physician before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed your baby.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
Do not drive or use heavy machinery if you feel less alert.
- This medicine is not intended for people who are allergic to cefuroxime axetil, penicillin, carbapenems or its constituents.
- This medicine is not suitable for children below 3 years of age.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Fungal infections
- Feeling sick
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.