BOTOX 200IU INJECTION
BOTULINUM TOXIN TYPE AManufacturer : ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Botox 200IU Injection consists of the active ingredient Botulinum toxin type A. It is increasingly being used to treat various spasms and neurological conditions. It is synthesized from a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum.
Botox 200IU Injection is injected into the affected muscles or deep into the skin while treating muscle stiffness, wrinkles, and fine lines. It temporarily relaxes the muscles causing wrinkles in the forehead and eyes.
Uses of Botox 200IU Injection:
Botox 200IU Injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Focal lower limb spasms in pediatric patients.
- Focal upper and lower limb spasms due to stroke.
- Blepharospasm (abnormal spasm of eyes) or hemifacial spasm.
- Cervical dystonia in adults.
- Chronic migraine.
- Bladder abnormalities and urinary incontinence.
- Skin and skin appendage disorders like excessive sweating of palms and soles, wrinkles and fine lines.
How Botox 200IU Injection Works:
Botox 200IU Injection interacts with proteins present in the muscles and sweat glands. It blocks the release of Acetylcholine (ACh) into the space between neurons. When locally injected into the affected muscle, it suppresses the overactive nerves, relieves spasms and alleviates symptoms of neurological conditions. It inhibits nerve impulses and minimizes muscle contractions. This injection blocks the pain signals and stops the development of the migraine.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator between 2-8°C.
- Mark S. Nestor, David Arnold, Daniel Fischer, The mechanisms of action and use of botulinum neurotoxin type A in aesthetics: Key Clinical Postulates II, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 13th Aug 2020, 19:11, 2785-2804, [Accessed on 8th Apr 2021], https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.13702
- Allergan Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium(EMC), [Revised on Jan 2022] [Accessed on 1st Mar 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6185.pdf
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals, [Revised on Jul 2021] [Accessed on 1st Mar 2022], https://media.allergan.com/actavis/actavis/media/allergan-pdf-documents/product-prescribing/20190620-BOTOX-100-and-200-Units-v3-0USPI1145-v2-0MG1145.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Cholinergic Transmission and Cholinergic Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 110-123.
How to use Botox 200IU Injection:
Botox 200IU Injection is for single use only. Discard any unused solution. The injection should be administered only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.
Botox 200IU Injection is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your physician for advice.
The use of Botox 200IU Injection during breastfeeding is not recommended. Consult your physician for advice.
Botox 200IU Injection can cause muscle weakness, dizziness or visual disturbances. Avoid driving if you experience any of the above symptoms.
- Inform your physician if you have bladder problems or urinary incontinence.
- Inform your physician if you have hypersensitivity or infection at the injection site.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Upper respiratory infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Low urine output
- Difficulty swallowing, speaking or breathing.
- Allergic reactions
- Irritation, pain or bleeding at the area of Injection
- A sprain in the ligament
- Pruritus, dermatitis and rash
- Muscle weakness and pain in extremity
- Dry mouth and nausea
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.