BRILINTA 60MG TABLET
TICAGRELORManufacturer : ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTDOrigin of Medicine : United Kingdom
Brilinta 60mg Tablet contains the active constituent ticagrelor. It is used with aspirin in adults who have had a heart attack or severe chest pain to reduce the chances of having another heart attack, stroke, or other life-threatening conditions associated with heart disorders. It also helps lower the risk of blood clots in the stent. This medication is not recommended for adolescents and children under 18 years of age.
Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have severe liver disorders, lung problems, bleeding problems, or if you are due to have any surgery. Make sure you tell your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with Brilinta 60mg Tablet. Use effective birth control during the treatment.
Uses of Brilinta 60mg Tablet:
- Reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack, and other life-threatening conditions related to heart diseases.
How Brilinta 60mg Tablet works:
Platelets are blood cells that can form clots inside diseased blood vessels in the heart and brain. This clot formation can cut off the blood supply and cause a heart attack or stroke. Brilinta 60mg Tablet prevents platelet clumping and reduces the risk of clot formation that can reduce blood flow.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Brilinta 60mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Blood coagulation and anticoagulant, fibrinolytic and antiplatelet drugs, 12th edition, 2011, 871.
- AstraZeneca UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5767.pdf
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Sept 2016] [ Accessed on 8th Dec 2021],
- Sanofi, https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4499.pdf
- Sohita Dhillon; Ticagrelor: a review of its use in adults with acute coronary syndromes; American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs: drugs, devices and other interventions; Published on Feb 2015; Accessed on 08/12/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25672642/
How to use Brilinta 60mg Tablet:
Take Brilinta 60mg Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by the physician. You can take this medicine with or without food. If you find trouble swallowing the tablet, you can crush the tablet, mix the powder in half a glass of water, and drink it immediately. Rinse the glass with some water and drink it to ensure there is no medicine left.
Brilinta 60mg Tablet is not recommended for pregnant patients. You need to talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
You need to inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Brilinta 60mg Tablet.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Brilinta 60mg Tablet, as this tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders.
Brilinta 60mg Tablet may cause dizziness or confusion. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- You need to tell your physician if you have bleeding problems, lung disorders, or are about to have any surgery.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Shortness of breath
- Blood clotting problem called TTP (purplish spots in the mouth or mouth, fever, confusion, yellowing of the eyes or skin, fever)
- Bleeding (red or black stools, coughing up or vomiting with blood, red, pink, or brown urine)
- Headache, dizziness, a sensation of rotation
- Indigestion, diarrhea
- Rash, itching
- Pain and swelling in the joints
- Blurred vision
- Nose bleed
- Bleeding gums
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.