CA RETRANS 10MG CAPSULE
TRETINOINManufacturer : AMPS BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule consists of the active ingredient Tretinoin. It is the preferred choice of treatment for Acute promyelocytic leukemia, which is a subtype of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). Acute promyelocytic leukemia is a type of blood cancer that is a result of chromosomal abnormalities (chromosome 15 and 17).
Inform your physician if you are on other retinoid medications like isotretinoin, acitretin and tazarotene. Avoid consuming soya and peanuts while on this treatment. Report to your physician immediately in case you experience breathing trouble, severe headache or mood disturbances.
Uses of Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule:
- Treatment of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL) in previously untreated patients and patients who relapsed.
How Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule Works:
In acute promyelocytic leukemia, the chromosomal abnormalities occur due to movement between chromosome 15 and 17. When these chromosomes move, the genes involved in it fuses together and forms cancer cells. Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule prevents the formation of the fusion genes and decreases the spread of cancer cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store this medicine away from children in a cool, dry and a dark place, in a temperature not exceeding 25˚C. Close the bottle tightly to protect from moisture. Store the capsules in the original packaging to protect it from light.
- Neon Healthcare Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (emc) [Revised on Dec 2020] [Accessed on 5th Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2535.pdf
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, [Revised on Dec 2018] [Accessed on 5th Apr 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=264138c1-9e5f-45ef-be87-79ca97c989d9&type=display
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
How to use Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule:
Use as directed by the physician. Do not use if the seal is capsules are not sealed properly. Swallow the capsule whole with water. Do not chew the capsules.
Inform your physician before taking Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before you take this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule is known to cause disturbance in the ability to drive and use medicines. Do not drive if you are experiencing dizziness or severe headache.
- Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule should not be used if you are taking Vitamin A, tetracyclines or retinoids.
- Inform your physician if you are on other retinoid medications like isotretinoin, acitretin and tazarotene.
- Avoid consuming peanuts or soya during this treatment.
- Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule is known to affect the mood. So, inform your physician if you are having any mental health problems.
- Use an effective method of contraception during Ca Retrans 10mg Capsule therapy.
- Tell your physician if you have experienced allergies due to Tretinoin or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe headache
- Breathing difficulty
- Chest or back pain
- Pancreatitis, characterized by severe stomach pain radiating to the back.
- Painful swelling in the leg
- Double vision and ringing in the ears
- Hair loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Skin reactions
- Dry skin, mouth or nose, swelling of lips
- Difficulty sleeping
- Unusual sweating
- Numbness of hands and feet
- Loss of appetite
- Changes in the blood levels
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.