CAPRIN 5000IU INJECTION
HEPARINManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Caprin 5000IU Injection contains the active constituent heparin. It is used to treat and prevent blood clots in the lungs, heart, and legs. It is used to treat chest pain resulting from a disorder of the heart arteries (unstable angina pectoris). It is also used during heart and lung operations, kidney dialysis, or other medical procedures to prevent blood clots. Before taking Caprin 5000IU Injection, you need to inform your physician if you have any blood disorders, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver disorders, have recently had or are about to have surgery. Also, inform if you drink excessive amounts of alcohol before starting the treatment.
Uses of Caprin 5000IU Injection:
- Treatment and prevention of blood clots
- Treatment of chest pain (unstable angina pectoris)
- Used during medical procedures to prevent blood clots
How Caprin 5000IU Injection works:
Caprin 5000IU Injection binds to the antithrombin (a protein that blocks abnormal blood clots formation) and forms a complex. This complex irreversibly inactivates the factor Xa (factor involved in the clot formation) and prevents clot formation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Caprin 5000IU Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Wockhardt UK Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on June 2018] [ Accessed on 15th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1678.pdf
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Accessed on 15th Jan 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2006/017037s158lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting coagulation, bleeding, and thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 617.
- Barbara Mulloy et al; Pharmacology of Heparin and Related Drugs; Pharmacological Reviews; Published on Jan 2016; Accessed on 15/01/2022; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26672027/
How to use Caprin 5000IU Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Caprin 5000IU Injection. The doctor will explain the risks and benefits.
You need to tell your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking Caprin 5000IU Injection.
You need to tell your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Caprin 5000IU Injection as this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders.
You need to tell your physician if you have any kidney disorders before taking Caprin 5000IU Injection, as this medication should be used with caution in kidney disorder patients.
This medication is not recommended for patients who drink large amounts of alcohol. Inform your health care professional if you have an alcohol addiction.
- Talk to your physician if you have any blood disorders, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver disorders, have recently had or are about to have surgery.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (swelling of the lips and eyes, rapid breathing, fever chills, a blue tinge of the lips, itchy skin, eye irritation, runny nose)
- Bleeding and bruising
- Red lumps, or itchy, red patches
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.