CASOCAN 70MG INJECTION
CASPOFUNGIN ACETATEManufacturer : CELON LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Casocan 70mg Injection is an antifungal medication containing the active constituent caspogfungin acetate. It is used to treat serious fungal infections such as invasive candidiasis (infections in tissues or organs) and invasive aspergillosis (infections in nose, nasal sinuses, or lungs). Talk to your doctor if you have any liver disorders, had an organ transplant or allergic conditions before taking this medicine.
Administration of this medicine can cause hypersensitive reactions such as facial swelling, rash, itching or bronchospasm. Report your doctor if you experience any allergic reactions while taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breast feeding before taking Casocan 70mg Injection.
Uses of Casocan 70mg Injection:
- Fungal infections in febrile neutropenic individuals
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Invasive aspergillosis
How Casocan 70mg Injection works:
It makes the fungal cells fragile and stops the fungus from growing properly. This prevents the infection from spreading and gives the body’s natural defense against the disease.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Stored in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C). Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antifungal drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 790.
- Merck, Electronics Medicines Compendium (emc), [Revised on Aug 2020], [Accessed on April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2226.pdf
- Fresenius, U.S Food and drug administration, [ Revised on Dec 2016], [ Accessed on April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/206110lbl.pdf
How to use Casocan 70mg Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Casocan 70mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medical treatment. Although all medicines can cause side effects, everyone will not get them.
- An abnormal rise in liver enzymes
- Inflammation of the vein
- Itching at the injection site
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Joint pain
- Chills, fever
- Decreased albumin (type of protein)
- Low potassium levels in blood
- Decreased hemoglobin (oxygen carrying substance)
- Decreased white blood cells
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.