CEASTRA 100MG CAPSULE
ITRACONAZOLEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Ceastra 100mg Capsule consists of the active substance Itraconazole. It is an antifungal agent indicated for treating disease due to the fungi or yeasts such as Histoplasma, Blastomyces and Sporothrix. These infections affect areas like the mouth, skin and vagina.
Fungal infection in the nail (onychomycosis) usually presents as nail discoloration, crumbling and thickening. Patches of skin may take few weeks to heal, while fingers and toenails may take several months.
Uses of Ceastra 100mg Capsule:
- Treatment of fungal infections of the mouth, skin or vagina.
How Ceastra 100mg Capsule works:
Ceastra 100mg Capsule inhibits the growth of yeast by altering the permeability of cell membranes. It has a great affinity for the cytochrome P450 enzymes of the fungi and inhibits ergosterol synthesis by these enzymes. It stops the growth of fungal species (fungistatic) and is effective in patients with a weak immune system.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store protected from light & moisture at a temperature not exceeding 30˚C. Keep out of reach of children.
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jan 2021] [Accessed on 26th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5914.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antifungal Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 838-848.
- Harry W. Lampiris, Daniel S. Maddix, Antifungal Agents, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 853-862.
- S.H. Ibbotson, R.S. Dawe, Skin Disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 1249-1305.
How to use Ceastra 100mg Capsule:
Take this medicine after a meal.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother. Your physician might suggest you to stop breastfeeding, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions and prescribe accordingly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions and prescribe accordingly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience dizziness, blurred vision or hearing problems.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Itraconazole or other ingredients.
- Consult your physician and follow a reliable method of contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have heart problems, poorly functioning immune system, AIDS.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergy
- Skin irritation
- Tingling of hands and legs
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness
- Muscle weakness
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Swelling of legs or stomach
- Stomach ache
- Nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.