CHLORAMAX 2MG TABLET
CHLORAMBUCILManufacturer : GLS PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Chloramax 2mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Chlorambucil. It is indicated for cancer and blood-related problems. It is prescribed for Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia.
Hodgkin’s disease and non-hodgkin’s lymphoma are cancers formed in the lymphatic system. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a blood cancer where the bone marrow produces abnormal amount of white blood cells. Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia is a rare lymphoma that results in the abnormal amount of protein in the blood.
Uses of Chloramax 2mg Tablet:
Chloramax 2mg Tablet is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia
How Chloramax 2mg Tablet Works:
Chloramax 2mg Tablet works by lowering the number of abnormal cells produced by the body. It produced cross-linking of the DNA and breaks down the DNA strands. This causes damage to the chromosomes and exerts a toxic effect on the cancer cells, eventually inhibiting tumour growth and multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store between 2˚C and 8˚C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jan 2017] [Accessed on 13th Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4656.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
How to use Chloramax 2mg Tablet:
Take Chloramax 2mg Tablet on an empty stomach. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, break or chew the tablets.
Consult your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Talk to your physician before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before initiating treatment with Chlorambucil if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
Inform your physician before initiating this regimen if you are allergic to Chlorambucil or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have recently undergone radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
- Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you are about to undergo a stem cell transplant.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Fever or infection
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Sudden sickness
- Extreme tiredness
- Numbness or weakness of muscles
- Rashes or blisters on skin
- Decreased levels of blood cell count
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or mouth sores
- Secondary blood cancers
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.