CT-RAX 250MG TABLET
CEFUROXIMEManufacturer : SERVO LIFE SCIENCESOrigin of Medicine : India
CT-Rax 250mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Cefuroxime Axetil. It is an antibiotic medicine indicated to treat infections caused by bacteria in the throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, skin and the soft tissues. Before starting this treatment course, your physician will conduct a test to determine which type of bacteria is causing infection and whether that bacteria is sensitive to this medicine.
Your physician will prescribe this medicine only if clearly needed in order to prevent resistance and maintain the effectiveness of this medicine. Contact your physician immediately if you experience hypersensitivity reactions or diarrhea after taking this medicine.
Uses of CT-Rax 250mg Tablet:
CT-Rax 250mg Tablet is indicated for adults and paediatric patients to treat the following infections:
- Urinary tract infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Early lyme disease
- Skin infections
How CT-Rax 250mg Tablet works:
CT-Rax 250mg Tablet inhibits the synthesis of the cell wall by the bacteria by binding to the target proteins. It is active against beta lactamase strains and other strains that are resistant to other antibiotics. Inhibition of cell wall synthesis is crucial for the rapid inhibition of susceptible bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in the original pack at or below 30°C.
- Glaxo Wellcome UK Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2019] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3810.pdf
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited, [Revised on Oct 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=faef39e9-d793-4191-a728-310f6fab759d&type=display
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use CT-Rax 250mg Tablet:
Take this tablet after food. This will help to make the treatment more effective. Swallow the tablets whole with some water.
Tell your physician if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before taking this medicine.
If you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed your baby, tell your physician before taking this medicine.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel less alert.
- This medicine is not intended for people who are allergic to cefuroxime axetil, penicillin, carbapenems or its constituents.
- This medicine is not recommended for children below 3 years of age.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Fungal infections
- Feeling sick
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.