CUROSURF 120MG INJECTION
PORACTANT ALFAManufacturer : PAVIOUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Curosurf 120mg Injection contains the active constituent poractant alfa (pulmonary surfactant). It is used to prevent and treat Respiratory Distress Syndrome RDS (characterized by poor lung expansion, inadequate gas exchange, and collapse of the lungs) in premature infants. Most babies are born with the substance surfactant in their lungs. This surfactant makes normal breathing possible by preventing the lungs from sticking to each other. Respiratory Distress Syndrome is caused due to the lacking of this surfactant.
Administration with Curosurf 120mg Injection may lead to transient adverse reactions such as lowered heart rate, hypotension, endotracheal tube blockage (blockage in the tube attaching ventilator and infant), and oxygen desaturation; on such conditions, the administration of the medicine should be stopped.
Uses of Curosurf 120mg Injection:
- To treat Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS) in premature infants
How Curosurf 120mg Injection works:
It works by reducing the surface tension at the air-liquid interface of alveoli (air sacs that take up the oxygen while breathing) and stabilizes the alveoli against collapse during the ventilation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are giving or have given before the treatment to your baby.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C protected from light. Do not shake.
- Chiesi Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Nov 2019] [ Accessed on 8th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6450.pdf
- Cornerstone Therapeutic, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Oct 2014] [ Accessed on 8th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/020744s028lbl.pdf
- Chao YS, Grobelna A; Curosurf (poractant alfa) for the Treatment of Infants At Risk For or Experiencing Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines [Internet]; Ottawa (ON): Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health 2018; Accessed 08/04/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30860685/
How to use Curosurf 120mg Injection:
Curosurf 120mg Injection will only be administered by or under the supervision of clinicians trained and experienced in resuscitation, care, and stabilization of preterm infants.
Inform your physician if your baby has any allergies or diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Bleeding in the brain
- Air in the chest cavity
- Lowered heart rate
- Oxygen desaturation
- Endotracheal tube blockage
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.