CYMEVENE 500MG INJECTION
GANCICLOVIRManufacturer : PAVIOUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Cymevene 500mg Injection contains the active ingredient Ganciclovir. This medicine is used to treat a type of virus known as Cytomegalovirus (CMV) in adults and children above 12 years of age. The virus can affect anyone but is mainly seen in people with a weak immune system. It can affect any part of the body, including the retina at the back of the eye – causing problems with eyesight.
You need to talk to your physician if you have kidney disorders, allergic conditions, or are undergoing radiotherapy before taking Cymevene 500mg Injection. Make sure you inform your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with this medication. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 30 days after the last dose if you are a woman or for at least 90 days after the last dose if you are a man.
Uses of Cymevene 500mg Injection:
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection
How Cymevene 500mg Injection works:
Cymevene 500mg Injection prevents the growth of the virus by inhibiting viral DNA synthesis.
Interactions with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store between 15°C and 30°C.
- Neon Healthcare Ltd; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised:2020] [Accessed/12/Apr/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10242.pdf
- CS Crumpacker; Ganciclovir; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised: 1996] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8786764/
- Abdullah A Al Badr et al; Ganciclovir; [Revised: 2018] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29678260/
- T Matthews et al; Antiviral activity and mechanism of action of Ganciclovir; [Revised: 1988] [Accessed:12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2847285/
How to use Cymevene 500mg injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney problems. Consult your doctor for advice.
- You need to inform your physician if you have allergic conditions, other diseases or undergoing radiotherapy before taking Cymevene 500mg Injection.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Failure of kidney function
- Infertility in men
- Blood infection (sepsis)
- Blood in urine
- Some types of cancers
- Constipation, indigestion, wind, nausea
- Loss of appetite, abdominal pain
- Feeling sick or dizzy
- Weight loss
- Urine infection
- Tremors, shaking
- Hair loss
- Back pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.